8 - this isn't real.

CHAPTER EIGHT: "this isn't real"

-

pope's pov:

my dad has me taking groceries around the island. both of my parents are understandably mad, i REALLY messed up with kie. i like her so much, i love her. but i realise now i don't know if she ever properly liked me, maybe she was just lonely?  and i may of messed up all of the friendship i had.

but i just can't believe she's with jj, well maybe they're not together, together but he's living with her. he has all the opportunity to make a move on her, he was obvious                                                              ly jealous of their relationship but i didn't think he'd actually act on his jealousy.

 general pov:

kiara sat on her bed, curled up. replaying last night over again, over and over.

after she'd thrown up she slumped down on the wall, shaking her head. 'this isn't fucking real' she'd said.

john and sarah had walked forward to the porch, 'kie we're here' john b said softly.

'no no no you-' kie started, 'this isn't real'

jj paced up and down, 'what the fuck. what the fuck' he said, 'you're alive???' he asked.

'yes' sarah nodded.

kie stood up now, 'and you let us think you died?' she said, looking devastated.

all their hearts were racing, it was a tense, thick atmosphere. 'i'm sorry kie' john b said, looking at kiara endearingly. 'we can't stay long. we just want you to know we're okay.'

'fuckkk i might throw up again' kie gulped, covering her mouth.

'we're safe and working on coming back, we promise.' sarah said, 'but please. if you can, help us fight'

'where's pope?' john b asked them, raising his eyebrow, noticing them both wearing his clothes.

kiara and jj both gulped, looking down - now right next to eachother, almost touching. 'yeah, that's- complicated' jj said, clenching his jaw

sarah and john both looked at eachother, then at jj and kiara. they knew there was something different about the pair's demeanor. it was like a new force on the earth, just pulling them into eachother.

john b walked up the porch and took his friends into a hug, pulling sarah along with him to join. 'we'll see you soon' he whispered, leading sarah away, smiling.

'pogues forever' sarah smiled.

'pogues forever' kiara, jj and john repeated after her as the group was split once again.

back in real time jj had walked in while she was spaced out, she came back when he closed the door, smiling and greeting her. she smiled back, 'you know my dad will kill you if he see's the door closed' she laughed as jj made his way over to her bed, sitting with her.

without realising, she arm reached out and put her hand over his, using her thumb to caress his hand. 'who cares?' he smirked at her.

a sudden wave of confusion hit and she lifted her hand from his and lay back on her bed. 'j?' she said.

his smirk dropped. 'yeah kie?' he replied to her, suddenly worried. his mind raced, does she actually like him? he felt like she did, but like he'd said himself, she's tough, independant. she could do fine without a man.

'what are we doing?' she asked, sighing.

'i- i don't know' jj stuttered, 'i like it though' he told her, looking down. 'don't you?', his voice wavered slightly.