17 - i love you

firstly, a thank you to everyone who's reading this. whether you found the book today or you've been here since the first chapters it really means a lot that so many of you stop by every chapter to read.

we're at 19K reads, which makes this my most read wattpad book ever! on my old, old wattpad account a pretty little liars book got to somewhere around this but it took forever (and also it was so shit), i can't tell you how happy i am to see y'all's responses to everything i write. quite often i post a chapter feeling kinda bad about it, as if it's too confusing but i always feel reassured when you guys comment.

also i love how much y'all love the cute/emotional jiara moments cause they're my absolute favourite to write, but unfortunately kinda have to make it more than cute moments or it'll ruin the book

jj's pov:

'i love you' kiara said, my heart skipped several beats. i was unsure if she loved me before, but looking at her now i see it written all over her face.

i leant forward to be closer to her, a smile from one of my ears to the other, 'i love you too' i replied, smashing my lips onto hers. i felt her smile into the kiss as we rolled over so she was lying on top of me as we kissed.

we heard footsteps coming up the stairs, then in the hallways and eventually a knock the door. 'guys door open' kie's dad voiced through the door, the door handle rattled, 'and unlocked'

we didn't answer, still occupied with kissing, he knocked again, louder, 'guys!' he said, getting frustrated at us.

we broke away from the kiss this time, kiara let her head fall onto my shoulder as she let out a sweet laugh.

'kiara! this isn't funny' her dad said, shouting now.

before kiara could reply we heard her mom speak now, 'mike, let them be' she said.

'yeah, mike' i said in a mocking tone, kiara snorted with laughter.

'jj!' she laughed, covering my mouth with her hand.

i heard her dad sigh as he walked off, then we errupted into a fit of laughed.

general pov:

later on, jj had fallen asleep. they'd both hardly eaten anything apart from the pancakes earlier, so kiara headed downstairs to see if she can find something in the fridge. she shivered when her foot hit the cold linoleum, walking over to the humming fridge. she was routing around when she heard a voice behind her, 'kie?'.

when she turned around she saw her parents at the door of the kitchen, 'oh hi. just getting a snack' she told them.

her mom nodded, 'could you come to the front room? we need to talk to you' she asked her daughter.

'uh. sure?' kiara replied, following her parents.

'we would've told you earlier but we haven't seen you all day' her dad started, gaining a glare from kie's mom.

'told me what...?' kie asked, confused.

'theres no easy way to tell you this sweetie.' her mom said, 'your father and i are getting a divorce.'

kie's jaw dropped, 'a what?... you were so happy this morning'

'we were trying to soften the blow' her dad sighed.

all three stayed silent for minutes, until kiara finally managed to gather her thoughts and words, 'why?' she asked.

both of her parents looked at each other then to kiara, 'we're just not in love anymore hun' her mom said.