15 - i just though you and i were getting close

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: "i just though you and i were getting close"

-

thinking about the fact jj said "i know that door is locked because i've tried it before"... does that mean jiara hooked up before of am i just exaggerating his flirting with her

a few days later...

-

general pov:

after a few days resting, jj decided he wanted back in on the pogue meetings. they'd kinda given up on the rafe plan for a while, but now a new plan is in play. pope got a job for ward, we didn't think it'd be too easy for him to get the job- but ward accepted the offer quickly, for whatever reason.

jj is still struggling, he's in pain. he won't talk about what happened properly to anyone, but kiara can tell he's struggling with it. last night they went to the chateau, the others weren't there that night so they slept in john b's old bed- it isn't really his anymore, he doesn't sleep there anymore, since JB has been back jj and kiara had spent more time in it than he had.

in the morning, kie woke up in jj's arms. he is still asleep so kiara pulled away slightly and let her eyes skim over his body, to all his inguries. her eyes were easily drawn to the stab wound. he had admitted to her that part of the attack from his dad was with a knife. her fingers ran over it softly, it's only a little under his rib cage- if it was a bit further up it could've punctured his lung. it still takes her breath away that his dad actually did this to him, and she could've actually lost him.

she hadn't noticed him waking up, 'admiring my battle wounds?' he said in a husky morning voice.

she laughed lightly at his joke, 'yeah' she replied, kind of solemnly, looking up his body to meet his eyes.

he rolled over so he was on top of her and kissed her lightly, 'what time are they coming over today?' he asked her.

'mmm' she mumbled, shrugging. 'i'll check my messages in a bit' she said, rubbing her nose against his, not wanting to move.

'well we don't want them walking in on us if we-' she slapped his arm, 'i'm joking' he laughed.

'idiot' she said, sitting up and stretching.

'where are you going' he pouted.

'to make coffee, you ruined the moment' she told him, smiling at his pout as she left the room.

while she was mid brewing, she heard the door open. she saw john b come in, 'oh hey kie' he said, 'you're early'

she poured her coffee, 'yeah me and jj stayed here last night.' she told him

'wanted a little extra private time?' john b grinned, giving her a suggesting smile.

'more like ANY private time. ever since they said jj can stay longer my dad has really cracked down on rules. i can't even hold his hand without my dad getting annoyed' kiara explained.

'this is why i'm glad i don't have any parental figures around' john sighed, 'feel free to come here together any time' he told her, smiling.

'thanks. though god knows my dad will stop that soon enough' she laughed, watching him pour himself some coffee.

'where's sarah?' she asked.

'she's gonna head over later, she didn't get much sleep last night' john b answered.

'what? why not?' kiara questioned, raising an eyebrow.

'she's just kinda fucked up about her family at the moment' he told her, as jj came out from the bedroom.