7 - i think you need to leave

CHAPTER SEVEN: "i think you need to leave"

-

A/N: we're nearly at 1K reads! by the time this chapter is out we might be there! love y'all so much.

-

general pov:

pope sat on the edge of his bed, his head in his hands. 'fuck' he mumbled, rubbing his hands over his eyes and looking up to his opening door.

'pope sweetie' his mom said, walking in and turning on the light on, something he hadn't done in days.

'what?' he said, holding his hand up in the air to block the lights from accessing his eyes, but despite his efforts his mom also opened the curtains, so there was no escaping the light.

'you need to go out' she said to him. she'd said this over again the past week, but this time he heard the seriousness and authority in her voice, and when she turned around to see him he saw it too.

he groaned, 'mom-', she cut him off.

'no. pope' there was a stern tone in her voice, something pope wasn't used to. usually his dad was the more serious parent, his mom would just sit and smile warmly and be dormant, but now she seemed annoyed. 'pope, i'm sick of this...' she said, sighing.

they were silent for a while, 'i spoke to kiara's dad' she said, pope tightened up.

he felt like he was being choked by invisible hands, he couldn't breathe. his mom knew what he said, everything? that he called his girlfriend- well, maybe ex girlfriend - a slut. fuck.

'i am very disappointed in you pope, i hope you know that' his mom said.

pope felt like he was going to pass out, he needed to speak to kie - so he got up and left, running away.

when he arrived at his destination he stopped, almost choking when he saw a familiar van, john b's. why was it here? is he here? he almost ran up the the door's of kie's dad's restaurant and looked through the glass on the door, no john b but jj and kiara were sat at a table, the usual pogue table. she was smiling brightly accross at jj, pope felt a pang in his heart - he hasn't seen her smile like that for over a month.

kiara was laughing at a joke jj said, her dad watched them - he saw she was happy, he had noticed in the past day how she lit up with him. he didn't like that boy, jj is trouble, he knows; but yet he let the boy into his home, he couldn't let any child stay in an abusive home.

her dad's attention was averted from the boy and his daughter and to the door, a bell the hangs infront of the door rang and a young boy walked in, pope.

kiara noticed him at the same time as her father, her smile fades and dread fills the room.

pope's heart surged with adrenaline as he saw kiara, her dad and jj all staring at him. they all froze for several moments.

'why are you here pope?' kiara said, no emotion was in her voice, she seemed blank, like she had no feelings towards his being there.

'i-i-' pope stumbled over his words like obstacles, he cleared his throat, gathering himself. 'i need to talk to you kie'

jj cleared his throat, 'i think you need to leave man' he declared.

kiara's dad nodded in agreement, 'yes' he said.

pope sighed, suddenly having a surge of confidence. 'i made a mistake, i was mad - kie.' he said, 'that doesn't make me a bad person, that shouldn't eliminate us' he said, emphasising the word us.

kiara didn't say anything to him, she just looked away from all pope's gaze. jj was still looking, he was just staring at pope - pope scoffed. 'you always think you're better than me jj' he suddenly spat out, 'i've ignored it, i have let it slide. but you always looked down on me, but john b? he was cool to me' he ranted.