9 - oh, rafe.

CHAPTER NINE: "oh, rafe."

-

pope's pov:

i almost had a heart attack when i had a call from kie, imagine how i felt when the voive on the end was john b- my "dead" friend.

the room was was very tense, john b and sarah sat together, and jj and kie also sat together. i watched the latter pair intently, but they sit awkwardly still under my gaze. 'so' i started, diverting my gaze to john b, then sarah - 'where have you been?'

'well' john b sighed, looking round at us. 'we got picked up by a boat, the captain has been keeping us safe'

'who is he?' kie chimed in, having not said anything since i arrived.

sarah looked over to her, 'his name is jason' she told her.

'he knew my dad' john b told her, 'he gave me a chance, he listened to us'

we all went silent. 'how was peterkin's funeral?' john questioned, looking sadder now.

'it was...' i started, finishing, because i know how john b must feel about it all, i don't know how to describe it..

'beautiful' jj finished for me, making a split second of eye contact with me.

'and my family?' sarah asked, rolling her eyes at the idea of them.

'normal.' kie said, 'you know i spent a night by the drink table at a party with him, guess i forgot he is a muderer', she looked at sarah, 'sorry'.

'its fine kie' sarah sighed, 'he is afterall'

general pov:

the next morning kie woke up on john b's sofa, in jj's arms. she couldn't help but smile at this, they may not of got a night alone, but atleast then got to cuddle a little.

jj was still snoring, so kiara gently moved his arm from her waist and got up, going to the hammock and sitting.

after a while she hears her come out of the house, 'jj' she asked, turing to see john b, 'oh. hey'

he laughed, going to sit on the opposite side of the hammock. 'so, you and jj' he asked.

she chuckled, 'what about us?' she looked up and smiled, glad to see him with him again.

'you two got friendly while i was gone' john b said grinning at her, 'you sure were when i arrived.' kiara tried to contain a smile, ' i thought you and pope were becoming a thing?'

'oh we did' she laugh slightly, 'that though? thats over now.'

john b noticed her frowning. 'look kie' he said, grabbing her attention. 'whatever happened, just talk to him- he's going crazy, and i can see its really causing you pain, you need to let it go'

she smiled at him warmly, 'fuck man i missed you' she told him was they heard the door open behind them. its was pope, jj and sarah.

'we gotta go' sarah said, coming up behind her, he stood up.

'uh yeah, me too. you two need a ride?' pope said to sarah and john b, as the three walked off he nodded at kiara and jj to say goodbye, kie offered him a warm smile.

'sooo' jj said, getting onto the hammock and holding him self up with his elbows so that he is hovering just above her.

'you know they haven't left yet' she laughed, rubbing her hands over the sides of his arms.

'keep your knickers on sweetie' he smirked, she rolled her eyes at him. 'what i was gonna say was do you think your dad could spare some food? i'm starving'