4 - what's with you and pope?

CHAPTER FOUR: "what's with you and pope?"

proof read.

-

A/N: just wanted to say thank you all so much for the love. i didn't expect this book to be at 300 reads (and growing still) by this point i thought i'd have to wait a while... i usually do.

all the comments i've seen have been so positive, thank you to the people who actually commented and said they're enjoying it and are excited for more, it means everything to me.

-

general pov:

rafe chuckled as he poured kie, jj and pope a drink, 'you guys sure have some balls showing up here' he said.

'why?' jj scoffed. 'its an open party'

pope held kie's hand, keeping her close, 'yeah come on man' he agreed with him.

rafe rolled his eyes, ' i know, just saying i didn't wanna have to see you tonight' he replied, looking at the boys. he grabbed one of their drinks and passed it to kiara, making sure that his fingers touched hers as he looked into her eyes, she looked down.

'thanks' she said.

pope and jj glared at him then took their drinks, leading kie away, she sighed, breaking away from pope's grasp and wallked over to some girls they'd partied with before.

'what the fuck is up with her' jj said.

'she's probably mad at me again because i sided with you. shit.' pope said, sighing and drinking his drink all in one.

'wait, again?' jj said, frowning when pope nodded, walking off.

'guess i'm alone tonight...'

jj's pov:

i love pope, he's by bro but i can see how he feels about kiara and i can see how she feels, it isn't the same. kie likes to be a free spirit, i can't see her settling down with anyone.

3 hours later

general pov:

pope wandered of somewhere and jj and kie ended up lying on seats across from eachother. 'so' he started, throwing an tennis ball he found up and catching it repeatedly.

'so?' she said.

' what's your deal tonight?' jj asked,

she scowled at him, ' my deal?', she laughed. 'my deal? you're hilarious jj'

'yes your deal who else's?  you arrived with your boyfriend and stormed off, you've been hiding all night', he threw the ball into the sea.

'yes, but lets not forget the fact you refused help when we saw your bruises and came to a fucking party' she snapped back.

'i'll speak if you go first' jj offered, looking over to her.

she sighed, looking to him. 'i'm just really stressed at the moment' she said, rubbing her hands over her face.

jj thought for a second, 'is your family struggling with money kie?'

she sprung up, 'why would you say that?' 

'you know what forget it' he said, waving his hand. 'what's with you and pope?'

she sighed, 'idk man. i just don't feel the same way i felt about him before? i used to like him being all protective but i just kind of feel smothered by him'

jj just nodded. they sat in silence for several moments, then kie spoke. 'so what about you? what's going on in that small brain of yours' she smiled and laughed, he did the same.

he got up suddenly and sat next to her, 'well...' he started, 'thanks for worrying but i'm fine' he said, patting her shoulder and trailing his hand over her face and laughing when she took a deep breath.

'see ya later kiara' he said, ruffling her hair before walking off