Day 10 - With Pets

"This is Fish?" Nightmare asked, walking into Dream's room.

"Mhm!" Dream hummed as he open Fish's tank and let him slither into his hand before picking him up and showing him to Nightmare.

"Who named the snake Fish?"

"Blue did."

"He's a dumbass."

"But he's my dumbass so it's okay."

"Yes he is...can I hold him?"

"First of all, Fish is a they, and secondly, yeah sure."

"Oh, sorry Fish, I didn't mean to misgender you." Nightmare apologized to the small snake.

Dream put his hand up next to Nightmare's, Fish slowly slithered over Dream's hand and over onto Nightmare's.

"What kind of snake are they?" Nightmare asked, keeping his eyes on Fish, watching them curl around his fingers.

"A milk snake. But they're still pretty young so that's why they're so small."

"Ah. They're very cute."

"Thanks! I love them a lot. They're a little spoiled."

"Haha! Yeah, I get that. My dogs are pretty spoiled as well."

"Woah, wait you have dogs?!"

"Yeah, I may have forgotten to tell you. I have three dogs that run around the house and backyard of my castle."

"Holy shit, can I meet them?"

"Yeah! Here, put Fish away first."

Nightmare let Fish slither over to Dream's hand, who once was mostly on his hand, Dream lifted Fish up to and put them back into their home.

After washing their hands, the two walked downstairs and made their way to the outside of the castle.

They walked into the pool area and then walked outside, it was a large fenced off area, with soft-looking bushes, trees, and a bunch of toys.

"Caesar! Caesar! Come here, boy!" Nightmare called, smacking his knees.

Suddenly a little, golden Pomeranian came running out of the bushes, his tongue out and tail wagging.

Nightmare scooped up the little dog in his arms like a baby, the dog looking very happy being held like this.

"This is Caesar, he is very bossy and a very big brat. Are you a big brat? Do you like bossing daddy around? Yes! Yes, you do!" Nightmare cooed, kissing Caesar's face as Caesar licked him back.

"Did you just refer to yourself as daddy-"

"SHUT IT," Nightmare hissed before turning his body towards Dream. "You can pet him if you like."

Dream held his hand out to Caesar who sniffed it and then licked it, showing Dream that it was okay to pet him.

Dream then pet the floof, he was very soft. Then suddenly a small black Labrador came running up to Dream and jumped on his leg, barking.

"Cerberus! Down! No! Bad girl!" Nightmare lectured, setting Caesar down and lightly pushing Cerberus off of Dream.

"Cerberus?"

"Yup, she's very hyper. Very young too."

"Hello, Cerberus!" Dream chirped bending down to let Cerberus sniff him. Cerberus sniffed Dream's hand, but before Dream could pet her, she jumped onto Dream's chest, knocking him over.

Dream laughed as Cerberus stood on him, licking his face. Nightmare just shook his head and called Cerberus away from Dream.

Cerberus ran over to Nightmare and began to jump around him, barking. Dream just laughed, he looked back up and saw the face of a black and white spotted Great Dane looking down at him.

"Oh. Hello?"

"That's Hades, he's the oldest. Cross is scared of him."

Dream snorted and sat up, avoiding hitting the old dog. He gave Hades a pat on the head, which he got a lick on the cheek in return.

"They're all spayed and neutered right?"

"Of course, I already have to take care of Dust, Horror, Killer, and Cross. I don't need any more children."

Dream chuckled, standing up and petting Hades more.

"You take good care of them." Dream mumbled, smiling a little.

"Thanks, babe," Nightmare kissed Dream on the cheek. "I'll take good care of you too~"

"Excuse me?!" Dream scoffed, crossing his arms.

Nightmare giggled, giving him another kiss.

"I love you."

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

Nightmare is good dog dad

-Fallen

664 Words