Day 28 - Sick

Warning - Vomit (it's not detailed I promise)

And uh, the men's are humans as bones can't get sick.

-🖤-💛-🏳️‍🌈-💛-🖤-

Nightmare watched Dream stagger around the kitchen, he was slow and hunched over. Nightmare squinted, he could see the sweat running down Dream's neck, his love looked so pale.

Nightmare pushed his chair back and speed-walked over to Dream, his arms crossed. Dream shoved the sandwich into his mouth, subtly telling Nightmare that he didn't want to talk. Nightmare waited, tapping his fingers on his arm, not impatiently, but nervously.

Dream swallowed and glared over at Nightmare, "What do you want?"

"You uh...doing, alright?"

Dream rolled his eyes, "I'm fine, Nightmare. Go away."

"Why are you hunched over?"

"My stomach hurts a little okay? Fuck off..." Dream growled and stuffed the sandwich back into his mouth.

Nightmare scowled but left the room, it was obvious Dream wasn't going to talk to him. Nightmare pulled out his phone as he left the kitchen-dining room and entered the smallest living room in the castle.

He opened his contacts and scrolled down until he found the one he was looking for. He clicked on the contact named "🔷" and held it up to his ear.

"Hello? Nightmare? Everything okay?"

"Ah, hey Blue. Uh, could you do something for me?"

"I suppose I can...is everything okay?"

"Not really. Dream's looking pretty sick but he's not talking to me. Since you two are close could you...maybe...try to talk to him? See what's wrong?"

Blue paused, "I can try. I don't guarantee any results though."

"That's good enough. Thanks, Blue."

"Of course, I'll call you in like, an hour, maybe less."

"Sounds good."

*Click!

Nightmare slipped his phone back into his pocket and teleported up to his room. He landed on his bed and grabbed a book to read.

Nightmare began to lose himself in the story, not paying attention to anything around him. He didn't realize that an entire hour had passed when Blue called him back.

Nightmare jumped as his phone began to ring, he slipped the bookmark back into the book. He answered the phone, eager to hear what Blue had found out.

"So uh-"

"Did he tell you?"

"Uh. No. He didn't. He just yelled at me to leave him alone."

"Ah."

"Sorry."

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'll get it out of him somehow."

"Alright. Let me know if you need any more of my help."

"Will do."

*Click!

Nightmare tapped his fingers together, thinking. If Dream was sick, then why wasn't he telling him? It didn't make any sense! Nightmare paused.

He would get Dream to watch a movie with him. And if something were to happen, Nightmare would be there.

Nightmare hopped up and teleported back downstairs and into the dining room. He saw Dream at the table with his half-eaten sandwich, face down.