Chapter 2

It was the worst night of my life, I hardly slept after what happened. If I report them to the police, I will die anytime soon. Every time I close my eyes, I imagine things that they could possibly have done to me and Yugyeom. I had no choice, but to follow his orders.

The slender man called early this morning to give me the details and instructions. I quickly obeyed him as soon as he dropped the call. He also said that I still need to go to school so I could witness my best friend's death if I did not do the job as quickly as possible.

When I arrived at the school, I quickly headed to the empty classroom of my morning subject. After a long moment of decoding of a well-protected system, I finally got an access to the account named κατισχύω. I'm not sure what that means, but all I know is it's a Greek word. Few more clicks and then, boom!—billion dollars of transactions from different countries and personnels including well known government officials are listed in the account.

"What the fuck am I entering?" I whispered.

In curiosity, I clicked details to find out more and discovered that there are also records of different businesses—clubs, hotels, casinos, high-end weapons and gun for hire tagged to multiple VVIP clients. These are all owned by a man named Choi Hyunbin. It somehow confuses me that there's no drugs or prostitutions involved.

Who the hell is Choi Hyunbin?

As anxiety attacks really quick, I stared at the numbers of infamous people visiting the account. When my phone suddenly rings. It almost gave me a heart attack. My hands were shaking violently as my mind was filled with terrible anticipation while checking my phone. It's my Father—thankfully. The new student, Lisa, came in. She's an hour early today so I decided to take the call outside the room.

"Hello, dad." I answered the call.

My father works in Japan, he usually calls at this hour to simply check on me. "Are you okay?" He asked. If only I could tell him what is happening right now, and what I just discovered today. But I don't want him to get involved in any of this. "I'm fine, dad."

I went back inside the classroom after a minute of talking to my father. The new student wasn't there, and my laptop was gone, too. shit! Before I could even react, my phone rang and it's from an unknown number. I hesitated to answer at first, but I still did. "Looking for something? Meet me at the rooftop." She muttered and hung up.

I'm uncertain if that's Lisa, the voice sounded different. It was far from the cute anime-like voice—she's mad. I did not hesitate and ran as fast as I could to reach the elevator and pressed the top floor, "Fasterr.." Impatiently waiting. As I reached the rooftop, panic started to consume me when I saw that there's no one out there. My laptop wasn't there either. How could she prank me like this? It wasn't funny at all—I could feel the nerves in my brain flowing rapidly thinking what I should do when the slender man called. "Shhhii—"

"Are you looking for this?" I turned to see Lisa, standing innocently like a doll holding my laptop. My tongue involuntarily pokes my cheek in annoyance. "Give it back, I—"

"So, you're a hacker, huh?" Her expression suddenly changed into a feisty lady with a murderous gaze. I frowned, disappointed in her duality. "Come on, Lisa." I calmly walked towards her to reach the laptop in her hand. But it was so sudden for me to realize that she's now holding a gun.

In reflex, I flinched and automatically put my hands up in a surrender pose. "Woah! Where did you get the gun?"

"I will ask you one time, and you just have to answer me correctly." Her voice was calm yet authoritative. "Who asked you to do this?" My breath hitched as she moved closer, pointing the gun directly on my face. "I-I don't know his name. He would kill Yogyeom if anyone knew about this, and he would kill me if I did not obey him." I explained.