Chapter 4: Don't say that word.

My eyes shot open when I heard that incessant ringing and my hand wildly shot out trying to break the cause of it. I finally grabbed my dresser but I fell off of my bed with a huff.

I sat up and glared at the clock, "One day I will beat you. And one day you will meet your inevitable defeat."

When the clock only continued to ring I rolled my eyes, got up and threw it out into the hallway. I smiled happily and bounded over to my closet.

I heard a scratching noise on my door and I rolled my eyes. I swear that dog knows what he's doing and how much it annoys me. The door isn't even closed. "Come in, Mr. WhipperWhopper." I called out to him.

He can half running half sliding into my room and he ran into my legs and almost made me fall to the floor. I patted his head and turned back to my closet.

Let's see. It's the first day of school. I don't care about what these people will think of me. I haven't worn my converses in a while.

I grabbed a gray t-shirt and some jeans. I slipped on my converses and grabbed my headphones and my phone. I walked out of the room and to the stairway.

I eyed the railing of the stairway and sighed. No use going to a new school with a pain in the ass. I walked down the stairs like a normal person with Mr. WhipperWhopper trailing behind me and met my dad on the kitchen.

"Hey, dad." I said, happily.

My dad looked at me with disbelief clouded all over his face. "Are you sure you're ready to go to school, kid?"

I sighed, "Dad, you know I'm fine. I can handle myself and I'm not some little baby who has to be protected from every little thing in the world. That happened a few months ago. It's never going to leave my head, but my every thought isn't going to be contaminated with those memories, okay? I'll be fine."

"Promise?" He looked a bit better, but he still looked like he wanted to keep me home.

I smiled a little, "Promise."

There was a comfortable silence before my dad looked over at the clock and said, "Okay, kid. Just grab something and go. You gotta be at school in about 10 minutes."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed an apple. "Yeah, yeah. I hear you, dad."

We said our goodbyes and I headed out the door. When I was outside about to start walking down the pavement I heard the rev of a motorcycle. It was a few feet away from me and there was a guy mounted on it. The helmet with a face mask turned to me and the guy took off.

I shook out of my temporary confusion and started to walk to my new school. Or should I say, 'The place where the kids are evil and the teachers are only there to make you lose precious hours of sleep.'

When I arrived in the parking lot it seemed normal, but you should never judge a book by it's cover.

I was halfway to the door when almost half of the parking lot turned to stare at me. I rolled my eyes and continued my journey forward.

I opened the doors and, because I already got my information yesterday, I went to my locker. I slammed it when there was a hard tap on my shoulder.

I turned around and I had to stop my mouth from dropping open in disbelief.

In front of me was a girl. She was a dyed blonde. She was wearing a somewhat covering crop top. She had on like 5 in. heels. And she was wearing a black mini skirt. This is so sad it's not funny. I'm guessing she's the queen bitch.

I stuck my hand out and chirped to her, "Hey, queen bitch. You need something?"

The girl rolled her eyes. "The name's Candy. I am not the queen bitch. But I am hear to take you to her." She said in an annoying stuck up tone.