Chapter 16: Stupid Spidey Instincts

Hayden's POV *

"Lydia," Haha, that sounds weird, "you will not be getting my last piece of chocolate. Deal with it." I said as the stare off commenced.

She glared at me with her cute little nose scrunched up and said, "Hayden, I don't think you really have a choice. Either you give me that chocolate or I am raiding your entire stash."

Yeah, so I may have an entire stash of chocolate hidden under my bed. It's for emergencies. It has everything from kisses to Hershey's to Reese's cups. I wonder how Hershey and Reese are doing. They live at the base and Carson and I visit them anytime we can.

"Bambi," Ah, that sounds better, "you already did that." I said while laughing.

"Ugh, fine." She grumbled and glared at the floor with her brown eyes showing annoyance. Probably more annoyance at admitting defeat than not getting the chocolate. Yeah, definitely that.

"What do you want to do, babe?" I asked her and she blushed and smiled a little. She grumbled a little because I keep making her blush.

Yeah, so after our first date ended and I asked Lydia to be my girlfriend via graffiti and wall paint, she jumped on my back and screamed 'I knew you liked me, you big dork!' I laughed my ass off and fell to the ground with her still on my back.

So, I invited her over to my house and we fell asleep on the couch together. Lydia doesn't snore but she's a total bed koala. I swear I was woken up at least 15 times and each time she was attached to some part of my body. It was torture.

"Let's go get some ice cream. No, sandwiches! Wait, no, how about both?" She asked excitedly. How could I say no to that face?

Like this, "No." My eyes widened as her excitement toned down, way down. And she sat on the couch all sad and pouty. "No, babe, I'm joking. We can do whatever you want."

She hopped up and grinned triumphantly. She walked over to me and outed my cheek. "Don't play with fire, Hayden, you'll get burned." She said, smirked and grabbed my hand. My wife eyes self just followed her out of the door and I started to get out of my shock. I shook my head and laughed and swore to get her back.

We walked the few blocks to Jimmy's Ice Cream Parlor and went in.

We walked up to the counter and I glared at the dude at our counter. He looked at Lydia and ignored me, even with my arm wrapped around her shoulder. "What would you like?

"Uhh can I have an Oreo swirly with while cream and Oreo cookie bites?" She asked, not even paying attention to his blatant attraction to my girlfriend.

I cleared my throat and the guy still ignored me. I glared at him some more and pushed Lydia behind my back. He finally looked at me and Lydia laughed. "I guess someone is a bit jealous, huh?" She said and laughed.

I growled at him a bit and he started to fidget. I smirked and said, "Give me a Vanilla Bean swirly with Swedish Fish on top."

He nodded shakily and tapped some stuff on his little money computer. "Okay, that'll be 14.73."

Lydia tried to take out her wallet but I slipped it out of her hand and handed the guy a 20. "Keep the change."

I grabbed our stuff and Lyd's hand and walked out of the shop. "Why were you being all growly and stuff? Were you jealous?"

"No," I answered gruffly. I wasn't jealous. That wasn't what it was.

"Mhm, sure." She said and started to eat her ice cream with her spoon. We walked to the entrance of the park, which is also a shortcut to a sandwich place near by. "Your growly stuff is hot, though." She said and smirked as she walked forward without me. I shook my head and jogged to catch up to my girlfriend.