Chapter 11: So, am I technically not really kidnapped anymore?

I stared at Hayden with my mouth dropped open, and the only sound that could come out of my mouth was an unintelligible duhh.

"Hello, Boss," Courage said, all serious all of a sudden.

"Boss?" I asked, as I stared at Hayden. Honestly, I was confused. I know Hayden and I must get along or he would've gotten rid of a useless piece of bull like me a long time ago. I mean, he's really attractive and I'm as attractive as that guy on the corner of Dodge Street and Horny Ave with his hands down his pants and his eyes crossed like train tracks.

"Courage, may I ask what were you doing?" Hayden looked up as if thinking. "No, I'm going to ask anyway. What were you doing?"

Courage looked nervous and I felt upset and angry at Hayden. "Who gave you the right to question what other people were doing?"

Hayden's cold gaze snapped towards me, and I actually shivered. Shivered!

"That is none of your business," he snapped and I could physically feel the hurt being displayed on my face. I nodded, and went to sit next to my dad. He handed me a tub of ice cream that I have no idea where it came from and put his arm around my shoulder. Don't judge me!

"Boss, what are you talking about?" Courage asked Hayden. Hayden's eyes narrowed even more and even I flinched at the anger in there.

"Don't make me repeat myself," Hayden said, and now I was really confused. Are we supposed to know why this is happening?

Courage looked down at the floor, and a light bulb seemed to go over his head, then it clicked off. "The kiss?" His eyes widened. "Boss, I would never—"

"Shut up. Get out, good bye, so long and get out of my sight," Hayden ordered and Courage practically ran out of the room.

"You alright, Boss?" Carson asked me. Hayden looked back to 'normal' and he winced.

"Stop that," he mumbled and sat in the armchair across from my sofa.

I stared at him for a while, then got up and walked out of the room. I heard footsteps behind me as I sped up down the long corridor. I was spun around and almost fell into a chest, but I caught myself and stepped back.

I regarded Hayden with his everyday eyes, and his cold eyes turned confused.

"Bambi, what's up?" He asked, and I snorted. I wanted to go home. The sky is up. I want to go home.

"Nothing. Can my dad, my dog and I leave now?" I asked. My dad had told me that Mr. WhipperWhopper was here and he had a girlfriend. He's too young to date!

"No," he answered immediately.

"Why not? Really, there is no reason for me to be here, or my dad, or my dog. I am in no immediate danger, and I would appreciate if you would stop trying to be my Knight in Shining Armor," I said. "I've had enough of one fake Knight for a lifetime."