Keep a Knockin

Agent Brown, you've been compromised. You don't have time to grab the files. Chief Sanders' voice came over my radio. I sighed heavily. "Why do you doubt my abilities, Chief? I'll get those files. Just have the car ready." There's ten guys after you in the building right now. Just get out of there-

 "I'll get those files." I interrupted. I shut off my radio so I didn't have to listen to his constant protests.

I continued quietly up the stairs of the office building. My mission for the past few weeks was to go under-cover as a teacher in a high school to expose the principal as a drug trafficker. There's no way I was ending this case without solid evidence against him. After the stairs I got ready to turn the corner and head down the hallway, but I heard two male voices. I spotted a fire extinguisher and grabbed it from its spot on the wall.

 I waited silently for the perfect moment. The two men came around the corner and I whacked one straight in the face with the extinguisher. The other man was too shocked to have time to react, so all I had to do was send a clean punch right into his jaw. He tumbled to the ground, and after brushing myself off I continued down the hall.

Before entering the principal's office I removed my handgun from my thigh holster just in case some of his guards were waiting for me. I took a deep breath and swung open the door. Luckily, no one was there to meet me. I set to work almost immediately looking for a certain file that would expose his operation completely. 

Just as I found what I was looking for, I heard a gruff voice behind me: "Put down the gun lady, or I'll shoot." I turned around slowly to see a burly man standing in front of me with quite a large gun as well. Before I got a chance to say anything the man was hit over the head and sent straight to the ground.

A tall man with slicked blond hair and cocky blue eyes stepped into the door frame. I pointed my gun intently on him and got ready to shoot. "Hey, there's no need for that," the man said putting his hands in the air. He went to reach into his pocket but I quickly grabbed his wrists and twisted his arms behind his back."What the hell lady, I was going to show you my badge!" he yelped. As if on cue an SSR badge tumbled out of his coat pocket.

I released his arms and stared at him in shock. "There's not supposed to be anyone else on this mission" I say angrily. 

"Well, they thought you might need back up," he replied.

 I rolled my eyes to this comment, they were always the same. "I'd love to stand around and argue with you all day lady, but there's ten men after us."

 "Correction; there's only eight," I reply snarkily. 

"I have our escape route if you want to swallow your ego Miss and get out of here." 

"I'm sure you planned everything. What's the route?" 

"To the roof!" he slyly exclaims before exiting the room. I huff and follow after him.

After continuing down the next hallway, guns pointed, we found a ladder heading up to the roof. "Ladies first," the mysterious agent says as he nods to the ladder. 

"Yeah right, I'm not giving you a free show. I'm wearing a skirt, you'll go first." 

"Suit yourself." He starts climbing up the ladder before gunshots break out. I duck impulsively. "Hurry the hell up!" I yell. 

"You're the one who told me to go first!" He yells back. I shoot my gun down the hallway hoping to buy us some time and then set my sights on the ladder.

I reach the top quickly and barricade the hatch to slow the men down. "Where's our ride?" I question. Before he has time to answer, a black helicopter approaches the roof. I quickly realize it's my boss Chief Sanders. I sigh again, knowing he'll be breathing down my neck about not leaving when he told me to. The mysterious agent lends his hand to help me in, but I turn my back and get in myself. I can tell he was rolling his eyes by the expression on Chief Sanders' face. 

The hot, sticky Georgia air clung to me as we made our getaway. I glanced over at the man who was talking to Chief Sanders. I had never seen him around our office before, but it seems like Chief and the agent know each other.