To Each His Own

Melody's POV

It was finally my first day back at the SSR office. Jack had insisted on driving me to work and carrying in my belongings for me. 

"Melody!" Peggy exclaimed. 

She rushed over to give me a warm hug.

 "The office has felt so lonely without you two. How are you feeling?" 

"Better than ever. I can't believe how long it's been."

 I set to work quickly, trying to catch up on all the work I'd missed. As Jack walked to his office a few agents snickered at him. He gave them a look that said, "Say one wrong thing, and I'll kill you on the spot." The day went on as normal until Jack called me into his office.

"Is anything wrong?" I asked. 

"Are you feeling okay?"

 "Yes, I feel good today."

 Jack still looked pretty worried. 

"I'm perfectly fine Jack."

 "Are you sure? Cause if you're not feeling well I can take you home-" 

"Jack." I said pointedly, "What are you hiding?"

 He sighed and rubbed his temples. 

"It's just...we found Clarence and his men who shot you. They're coming in today to be interrogated. I didn't want you to have any flashbacks of that night." 

I tried to hide the fact that my heart had dropped to my stomach. I played it off and smiled at him.

 "Thank you for your concern, but I'll be fine. Are you doing the interrogating?" 

"I think it's only fair," he replied.

I watched intently as Jack interrogated the men. I'd see him do this before, but this time I could tell he was more passionate. More..angry. I wanted to calm him down, but I knew pulling him out would ruin the interrogation. When the punching started I decided to leave the room. He came out a few minutes later and caught me as I was leaving the filing room. 

"Hey, I'm sorry you had to watch that." 

"It's okay, I left a few punches in."

 I kept my eyes on the ground, but he placed his hand under my chin and forced my gaze to meet his.

 "I could tell you were especially angry in there." 

"Well, I was. They hurt you. I wanted them to feel the consequences."

 I moved closer to him so my lips almost touched his. His eyes flickered down to my mouth for a second, and I gave him a seductive look.

His lips came crashing into mine as he pushed my back into the filing room. He kicked the door shut, and my back hit one of the cabinets. I knew if he began kissing my neck I would never stop, so I decided to reverse the tables. I spun him around so his back slammed into the cabinet. I spotted kisses along his jaw and teased them all the way down his neck.

 His breathing sped up and hitched when I hit the nape of his neck. I smiled in between kisses, knowing I had him exactly where I wanted him. I unbuttoned the top of his shirt, making him believe I would heat things up even more. After one last kiss I backed away and headed for the door.

I reached for the door handle, but Jack quickly grabbed my wrist. 

"Where do you think you're going?"

 "Chief Thompson, I have a job to do. I think I should get back to it."

Jack's POV

I watched as she left me standing dazed in the middle of the hallway. I could tell she was putting an extra swing in her hips just so I would drool over her.

 It was working. 

She gave me one last look over her shoulder before she turned the corner. I could barely control how much I wanted her. I leaned against the wall and took a second to regain my composure before returning to my office. I would get her back for this. I wouldn't be the one chasing for long.