Moving In.

"There's two bathrooms?!"

"Is that an issue?" Your real estate agent questions, the tall blonde turning to face you with a small frown, you can feel him glaring at you from behind his flamboyant sunglasses. "We could fix that by tearing it out and making it into another room or just simply removing the room completely, if you wish, but it'll cost you a lot of money."

"Uh--It's not a problem, Mr. Donquixote!" You nervously reassure the blonde, drawing a dull hum from his lips as he stares down at you for a moment longer, urging you to explain yourself further. "I was just surprised...pleasantly surprised, of course!"

"You didn't see two bathrooms in the leaflet before coming here?"

"...Evidently not."

Doflamingo Donxquixote; a charming man, attractive in many ways even if not your type, tall and muscular but also rather intimidating. 

He has never been anything other than honest and kind toward you but it's how he stalks your movement and how you can't possibly read his expressions behind those shades of his, it perplexes your opinion of the man. 

"He's a bit of a snake in the grass, huh?" An unfamiliar voice echoes from behind, bringing your attention toward the empty hallway leading up to the staircase and causing your brow to raise. 

Who was that?

"M-Mr. Donquixote?" You lowly mutter whilst turning your glance back to the blonde, only to find his stare seemingly never left you, his brows clearly furrowed as he curiously hums at your suddenly-distracted state. "Is there anybody else here?"

To your question however, the blonde merely checks his watch before shrugging lazily. 

"Shouldn't be. The next viewing isn't for another hour yet...that is, if you don't want the house." 

"No-no, I'll take it!" 

The place is bright, spacious, luxurious, close to town and most importantly: nicely priced. 

You'd be mad to turn it down. 

"Excellent. Would you like me to double-check for intruders first?" The blonde questions with a smirk, his aura shifting from intimidating to a more mocking feel, immediately putting you on the defence.

Smart-ass.

"No, I think it was just my imagination."

Or the voice inside my head since you certainly do seem like a snake in the grass!

"Very well then." He carelessly chimes as he turns and heads toward the dining room, his large hands cupping behind his back as he confidently speaks, seemingly knowing you'll be following behind him like a duckling would to it's mother. "The original owner of this home left long ago so you're free to move yourself in whenever you'd like and I'll make sure to cancel all future viewings immediately so you won't be hassled by strangers at your door." 

"I see. Thank you, Mr. Donquixote."

"Oh, don't thank me yet, you have much paperwork to do first."

The sun had set long ago.

A forced smile on your lips as you wave the colourful blonde goodbye, your eyes and wrist ache like mad, something kept nagging at you to reread the pages at least twice to ensure you weren't being scammed before signing them and sure, you found a few faults and had them settled so it was worth it but still exhausting. 

You've always been wary of being ripped off, it was just how you were raised but something about Doflamingo in particular really sets off your alarm bells. 

With a sigh you sluggishly make your way up the stairs and to the bathroom, the one downstairs is lovely and all but that one has a shower, you're looking for something else right now. 

Mr. Donquixote was kind enough to let you move in today and even allowed you to hire one of his vans to shift essential furniture and clothing whilst you were reading and signing paperwork...for a hefty price, naturally. 

Luckily for you though, your father is the owner of a casino out in Las Vegas and he'd do just about anything for you, you're his "little petal" as he calls it - which is probably the kindest thing he has ever said to a woman if his past relationship with your mother is anything to go by. 

You were loved and even a little spoiled but your mother and father had absolutely no care for each other at all, whatever spark they had in order to conceive you was long gone and had been for as long as you could remember. When they weren't trying their best to avoid each other, they were arguing and threatening each other's lives.

Eventually your mother grew sick of the toxicity and left with another man, leaving you behind in the process, at least your father has always treated you like a princess so it wasn't all bad. 

He has gladly helped you buy this house (so long as it wasn't stupidly expensive) and he even let you choose what part of the country you'd like to live in since you always expressed your disdain for the desert, the gambling addicts, the prostitutes in the area, the perverted men and most of all: the heat. 

You cannot stress enough how much you hated being boiling hot during the day yet freezing cold at night, every. single. day. It was a real pain in the ass and you certainly don't miss it.

Although, you do kind of miss your father, even if he is a bit of a tsundere.   

Reaching the top of the stairs, you make your way to the bathtub, immediately grabbing the bathtub's faucets and turning them on. The tub is massive and made of marble, matching the rest of the bathroom's decor and the taps are gold-plated. Beautiful. 

A small smile tugging on your lips as you begin to lift your jumper, the fabric barely making it past your stomach when you suddenly spot a shadow in the mirror, the sight instantly ceasing your movement as you try to focus your gaze on it but it would seem there's nothing there...it vanished.

Turning your head, you take a glance over your shoulder, trying to find the source of the shadow but you still can't see anything. Not even an insect that could have tricked your eyesight. 

"Great...now I'm hearing and seeing things. Just great."

With a disgruntled huff, you peel off the rest of your clothes before dragging yourself into the bathtub, your sore limbs all tingling at the sensation as the warm water washes over you, easing your previous anxieties in the process.

"Ah yes, that's the good stuff..." 

I should probably call dad after this and let him know how everything went...