Rooftop Rendezvous

"For what?" He whispered, stepping away from the door and towards you.
As he stepped into the moonlight, his features were illuminated. They were soft; confused yet... understanding.
A tear rolled down your cheeks.

"I must've embarrassed you in front of all those people," your voice was unsteady and it took a lot of strength not to break down.

Stephen stood in front of you for a few seconds, and then he pulled you into a warm embrace. Your head was resting on his chest and you could feel his breathing. Then he pulled out of the hug and placed his hands on your cheeks as his thumb gently wiped a tear.

"You didnt embarrass me. I couldnt care less what people think about me."

Yet again, Stephen had been so nice and you were just standing there, about to cry.

"Wait. Follow me. If we stay here too long, Hosuh will hear us. He's a light sleeper."

So you followed him up three flights of stairs and into the attic. Then he helped you up a ladder and you found yourself on the rooftop, with the most beautiful view. The star-strewn sky could be seem so clearly.

"Wow... this is so cool!" You said quietly, still taking in every aspect of the sky.
"I know right," he said, closing the trapdoor, "I guess you could say this is my secret place. Well, it's not really secret because Dan and Hos know about. They just dont like coming here. Dan's not comfortable with the height and Hosuh gets allergic to the dust in the attic."
For a few seconds, you silently admired the sky. Then, you said, "I apologize for the party. I should have just walked away from Scarlet."

"It's not your fault. Scarlet's known for her outbursts. And she can be a bitch."

"Well, at least you said i didn't embarrass you. But I still managed to embarrass myself," you buried your face in your hands remembering that you had to face all those people in uni.

"Hey, we all have our moments. I called this girl sexy once because i thought it was an insult," he laughed softly and you joined him.

Silence followed. You could hear the night wind, and a few distant cars, an occasional rustle of feathers on the roof nearby and dogs barking once in a while. But between you and Stephen, there was an air of empathy and understanding. It made you feel safe and happy. You just knew that you had to tell him; it was now or never.

"I've been meaning to tell you for a while," you started.
"Hm?" He turned his face to you.

Butterflies. Cmon (y/n). Lets do this.

"I think i'm catching feelings for you," you said. Your own words surprised you. But you knew it wasnt the complete truth because you werent catching feelings; your feelings had hit you like
a stick on a butt cheek and you were already falling into the abyss that was Stephen.

(I drew this im like 3 minutes so its very messy

(I drew this im like 3 minutes so its very messy. But this is an anime version of what i thought (y/n) looked like when she confessed to Stephen.)

"Well that's disappointing," he said as he faced his feet, smiling uncomfortably.

Rip (y/n). Could this night get any worse?

"It's not fair that i've fallen so hard for you and you're just 'catching feelings'. You're in my mind way too often, your smile is contagious and you always leave me wanting more."

Wait wut-

The words were said so fast that it flew past your head. You didn't know what to say or do. Your eyes were still focused on his face; is this...for real?

He gave you a soft sideways smile and looked back to the dark sky.

"So does that mean we're... a thing?" You asked shyly.
"I guess we are," he smiled his dorky smile.

"You scared me. I though you were going to reject me," you said.

"Well, that's payback for all the times you drove me insane with your cuteness."

"Damnnn. Never knew Stephen Ng had a cheesy side to him," you grinned, "it's adorable."

He rustled the top of your hair, "So. Are we going to tell them in the morning?"

"I promised to tell Hosuh after I confessed to you. He's the one who egged me on," you said.

He looked at you with so much affection that i'm dying of UwUs. (I ship it 🙏)

"Well then i have to thank hosuh. You have know idea how glad it makes me knowing i can finally call you mine."
—————————-
Here's a random meme for you:

Stephen: smiles
(Y/n): 🦋💖🦋💗🦋💖💗💗💖💖🦋

and vice versa

—————————————————————-
(A/n) ik this chapter's a little short (and shitty) but I TRIED MY BEST.
i legit have no experience in this field so i used my fanfic knowledge. I hope i made it up with the very ROUGH drawing of the oc. Bro the story aint over yet