20 - Relationship Status Change

Mark woke up with the worst headache ever.

It was Saturday, a week before their competition, and Mark had done some morning drinking (no, he was not an alcoholic, Jaehyun could suck it). Although, he was thinking maybe it wasn't a good idea to take a lot of shots of vodka.

He woke up on a bed, at least. Although, the bed in question didn't appear to be his own bed? It looked like he was in a dorm-

He sat up a bit too fast, immediately putting his head on his forehead to put some pressure on the pain. He really shouldn't had done straight vodka shots in the afternoon.

"You awake?" Mark turned to the voice, which revealed to be Yuta on the other bed. Si Cheng was asleep on his lap, his broken foot propped up on a pillow. "You were drunk outside of this dorm for no reason."

"Oh, uh, about that." He sat up straighter, squinting at the brightness of the room. "To be honest, I forgot why I drank alcohol this early today."

Yuta shrugged. "Whatever you say."

***

Mark left soon afterwards, leaving the two lovebirds alone. He still had no idea why he went to the red dorm when he doesn't even recall anyone living there, but oh well.

When walking down the stairs to the ground floor, he felt another headache coming. He tried to lean against the wall of the stairs with his eyes closed, but he somehow didn't notice the person who was coming up and accidently bumped into them.

The good news was that thankfully they were near the bottom of the stairs. The bad news was, well...

The person fell back on the floor, hitting with a thud, waking Mark up completely. He opened his eyes to see-

"Holy shit, Haechan, are you okay??"

Haechan groaned, touching a sore spot on the back of his head.

Mark rushed down the last steps to help Haechan get up, the latter not even resisting Mark's touch.

"My head hurts..." Haechan muttered as he managed to stand up, though his knees were shaking a lot. When he took notice of Mark, though, that's when he pushed him away. "Why are you so out to get me??"

"I am literally hungover right now-" Mark tried to explain.

Haechan snorted. "Yeah. Where you hungover too when you fucking hurt my ankle that time in the store? Or when you and your friends stole my project back in high school? Oh, let me guess, you guys were hungover when stole all my textbooks that I had to pay back for? Or-"

"Wait, hold on, what project are you talking about?" Mark asked, ignoring the stealing textbooks comment. Because, well.. he and his buddies did steal those. They tried to sell it on eBay but no success, so they just threw them away. "I never stole a project!"

"Remember world history class? Thanks for the beating that my parents had to give me by the way." With that, Haechan turned to leave, only to start limping. "Fuck, my ankle, not now of all times-"

"Here." Mark looped his arm around Haechan's arms, trying to help him maintain his balance. "Where's your dorm, I'll take you back-"

"I live here, dumb ass."

"Wait, really?"

Haechan struggled to get out of Mark's grasp. "Yeah, not everyone has apartments like you."

"I figured." Mark turned Haechan back to face the stairs, groaning internally. "Let's get you back to your room."

***