4 - Dead

Stupid Taeyong and his stupid ideas.

Haechan was trying to enjoy his lovely baked ziti with ricotta cheese, marinara sauce, ground beef, and a dash of spices and some other stuff while Taeyong told him his stupid idea. How dare he disrespect pasta with his idiocity.

Although, Haechan had to admit, Taeyong was pretty smart. Hated studying, but smart. There's only been, like 6 times in his life when he's made a regrettable decision, but he was smart. Which was why Haechan ignored him. He must be dreaming. Wouldn't be the first time he dreams with pasta.

"Haechan, you got to go with me, please," Taeyong begged him. "I'm scared. His friends creep me out, I don't want to go alone."

"Do you not have confidence in Jaehyun and his choice of platonic partners," Haechan questioned him, trying to sound smart when he accidently burned his mouth with pasta. Damn. Now he won't taste a thing. Stupid Taeyong for ruining everything. "Why hang out with someone if you're scared of them? That's not a healthy relationship."

"We're not in a relationship, Haechan, which is why I can't just not go!" Taeyong yelled at him. "I mean, I've met them a few times and such, but want if I do something embarrassing? You know how popular his group is! If they start laughing about me, the whole school would know! And what if they think I'm not cool or don't deserve Jaehyun or something?"

"Look, from what you told me about what happened in the canteen, I think they prefer to roast each other more than looking for any flaws you have," Haechan replied. "So don't be scared of going. Think of this as an opportunity to learn how Jaehyun interacts with others."

"If I shouldn't be scared, then why won't you go with me?" Taeyong questioned him. "What are you scared of?"

"I have literally no connection to that group, it'll be awkward! And what if they spread gossip about me to the scho-"

"They'll be too busy roasting each other," Taeyong mimicked him from earlier, voice childish. "Do you not have confidence-"

"It's none of my business with that group," Haechan finished. "But you do. Jaehyun invited you. He likes you. I shouldn't just show up there unannounced and be like, 'hey guys! Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for Jaehyun and Taeyong to get it on.'"

"Why would you-what! Haechan, you pervert!" Taeyong laid his face down on the picnic table. "I can't do it. I'm a coward."

"Mhmm, glad you noticed," Haechan replied before stuffing another spoonful of pasta into his mouth. Deliciousness. Who created pasta, anyways? They must be admired at all costs.

Taeyong, at this point, knowing his cousin wasn't going to budge in, sighed and got up. He'll have to go alone, he supposed, no matter how scared he was. He just...

Haechan watched, continuing to stuff his face with pasta as Taeyong gathered up some clothes and started dressing. "Wait, you going now?" he asked, mouth still full.

Taeyong shrugged. "I want to get there early to warm up, plus I have to catch up on whatever they had already learned."

"Okay, fine, I'll go, enough with the guilt trip, just get me a gift card at that Italian bistro close from here no more than two days from now," Haechan interjected, rapidly stuffing the rest of the pasta into his mouth as fast as he could.

Taeyong, having already accepted the fact that Haechan wasn't going, rose up his eyebrow. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

Haechan swallowed as he was fishing around their room for his converse, his throat now aching. "I just want free pasta."