22 - One Day Left!!

"-And like that move is so easy to mess up on, I feel like we should change it-"

"Yuta, your performance is tomorrow-"

"I know but, ah fuck." Yuta sighed, dropping his spoon in his miso soup bowl. They were at the canteen, trying to grab a quick lunch between classes, and Yuta had been rambling about their dance practices this week, which they had crammed to the max. He hasn't even watched at least one anime episode. "I hope we don't mess up."

"Trust me, you guys are going to be fine," Si Cheng reassured him, placing his hand on Yuta's. "You've been working so hard, Yuta, and your performance will reflect that."

"Nah, I don't feel like we did enough," Yuta insisted. "Maybe we should have done three hours instead of two-"

"Yuta!" Si Cheng squeezed Yuta's hand so hard, Yuta was sure he heard a bone crack. "Calm down! You're going to be great-"

"Are we though?"

Si Cheng squinted his eyes. "Are you calling me a liar?"

"No, Winwinie, I love you." Yuta pressed a quick kiss on Si Cheng's cheek and used his free hand to pick up his spoon, the other one still being crushed to death. "But I sti-"

"Nakamoto Yuta."

"Okay, no more self-deprecation." Yuta took a bite of his miso soup, which had become cold. Yuta had been ranting a lot. "Damn it."

Si Cheng let go of their hands and reached into his backpack, pulling out an apple. "Here, happy birthday."

"Our birthdays were like a month ago, and you already celebrated it-"

"Happy early Christmas." Si Cheng placed the apple firmly on Yuta's palm. "Eat it."

Yuta pouted. "No," he said, crossing his arms.

"Eat the apple, Yuta."

"No."

"Why not."

"Because I want to get ramen with you later," Yuta whined.

"Yuta! Not all of us have money like you to go get ramen everyday!" Si Cheng argued.

"Fine, I'm taking this apple only because it's a gift from my love." He took the apple and took a bite, not missing how Si Cheng's cheeks had changed their tint. "It's as sweet as you~"

"Yuta, that's a green apple-"

Yuta rolled his eyes. "What if I'm colorblind, Si Cheng-"

"You're not."

"Okay, but what if I was?" Yuta asked.

"That doesn't affect your taste," Si Cheng pointed out, rolling his eyes.

His phone suddenly rang, a notification popping up. "Not my mom again," Si Cheng muttered in Wenzhounese.

"Damn it, I really have to learn that soon," Yuta said. "But my Mandarin still sucks."

"Better than my Japanese, that's for sure." Si Cheng turned his ringer off and flipped his phone so that he couldn't see the screen.

"Wait, are you not going to respond to her?" Yuta pointed at Si Cheng's phone. "What did she say, anyways?"

Si Cheng sighed. "If I took my meds yet."

"Oh."

"Yeah, I don't know why she always wants to talk about that." Si Cheng picked up his phone and opened WeChat. "She always wants to talk about meds and therapists or about my dancing. Like, okay, if you're going to keep prying about it, at least be genuine." Si Cheng showed Yuta his text messages with his mother. "Just look at this."