Epilogue: One Semester Later

"I'm so excited!!" Ten screeched in the cafe at 5pm, not caring that there were people present. They had just finished their last final that day, a Wednesday, thankfully, and weren't leaving until Sunday. "Summer is here, bitch!! No more math tests!!"

Si Cheng rolled his eyes and took a sip of his frappe; this was his third coffee of the day, since he had been awake since 4 am, and wanted nothing more than to go to sleep. "Ten, it's May, summer legally doesn't start until mid June-"

"I'm done with my finals, Winwin, I don't need another math lesson." Ten took a bite of his muffin and groaned in ecstasy. "Can't wait to go back to Thailand."

Ten was, indeed, going back to Bangkok to be with his family during the summer break, while Si Cheng was going back to Wenzhou. Ten had stated that he planned on doing absolutely nothing during the break, while Si Cheng only had planned a June summer internship for a science organization and whatever his parents forced him to do. They did, however, have a trip planned together along with Yuta and his friends for their 2-week trip to America, which involved seeing cities like Los Angeles, Chicago and New York.

Si Cheng still didn't know any English, only a couple of phrases like how to ask for directions or the nearest hospital, but he at least was at a conversation level with Japanese. Sometimes Yuta would challenge him to only speak in Japanese for a few minutes or an hour, and it had helped Si Cheng a lot. Likewise, Yuta was doing really well in Mandarin and even knew some Wenzhounese slang. English, however... no.

Ten was fluent in English, luckily, and planned on helping Si Cheng during the trip. But Si Cheng knew Ten was also a prankster and might teach him some other shit instead, and Si Cheng didn't want to deal with that.

Ten finished his muffin and took another sip of his tear, visibly excited. "What are you going to do when you get home? I know I'm going to eat all the pad Thai I can, I can't handle this fake stuff anymore."

"Tell me about it, I hate Chinese buffets," Si Cheng muttered. "No wonder I'm always eating ramen."

"No more fucking ramen either!!" Ten screamed. "My sodium levels are higher than my grades, how am I not dead?!"

Si Cheng took another sip of his frappe. "Oh, jeez, you know how many times the doctors scolded me for my sodium levels? They told me no more salt for anything, god I was so tired of going to the hospital."

"No more crutches for you, Winwin! Not gonna lie, you weren't good at using those," Ten commented, laughing as he remembered all the times Si Cheng would

A few weeks ago, Si Cheng had gotten his cast off, which meant no more hospital and no more crutches. Course, this meant that Ten thought he could use Si Cheng as a servant again to go to the store and get him rice crackers, but whatever.

He didn't have any dance classes this semester due to his injury, but he was thankful that in the next semester, the fall one, he was going to be enrolled in them. He missed dancing so much, and he didn't want to lose his flexibility.

That first weekend without the cast, Yuta took him to the club again, and Si Cheng doesn't remember how long he danced, a few hours straight, only that he went to bed at five in the morning. He was so glad to have it back.

Speaking of Yuta...

"It's really nice of them to let us store our things in their apartment," Ten mentioned. "Definitely cheaper than renting those storage spaces, not that you can find one."

"Yeah, and they're not even charging us," Si Cheng agreed. The three roommates had told Si Cheng and Ten that, since no one was going to be in the apartment during the summer, they were free to store their things there. Mark was going back to Canada, Jaehyun was staying at his parent's house, and Yuta to Japan.