1. Oh No

This bitch was running late again.

They've been over this already. This year was going to be big. They had to make it big. Yuta has always been interested in being in a group, being able to dance and rap and sing to his heart's content. Before he came to this university, he came from a small hometown in Japan with an even smaller high school, and the only thing he got close to it was being in the choir. Which was just 70's music. He had, like, two solo lines in his entire high school career.

No, nevermind. It wasn't close to it at all.

This is why when he got accepted to this big university in Seoul, South Korea, he was estatic. South Korea was always filled with people, so surely he could make some friends and be in a group. Him being fluent in Korean was already a big plus, so language wouldn't be a barrier for him.

It had its own sets of problems, though.

See, the thing was, Yuta didn't want to join a group in a company; they were going to make him a trainee for a shit long amount of time, and then what? Force him to follow their every whim? He's heard of idols who get four hours of sleep, extreme diets, no dating, no days off. The devil would treat him like a king in hell compared to that, thank you very much.

This is why he had to start from scratch. Of course, it would be more difficult and maybe more costly, but they could set their own pace. Mental health was more important to Yuta, after all. That's why when he met Jaehyun and Mark freshman year in his Intermediate Dance class, he was glad that those two also had the same passion as him, so the three of them quickly became acquainted and spent the entire freshman year just hanging out between them. When Jaehyun asked the other two to make a group, Yuta said yes without any hesitation.

Their whole sophomore year was spent with them trying to write lyrics to their own songs, making a sick choreography sequence to accompany them, and trying to learn some English all while balancing their life at the university now. Yuta learned to manage his classes while getting sleep, and he had a decent job at a company near his dorm so the extra cash he was rolling in also proved to be helpful, of course. The only bummer that was present that year was that the legendary dance-off that the school was known for was only available to juniors and seniors, so they weren't able to join. They had only two tries to win it, and had to be amazing.

Which is why the leader running later was not helping.

Yuta received a text from Mark which said why the hell r u still outside where the fck is jh. Mark was still at the dance studio with all their stuff, and when Jaehyun told them he was going to be late because he was eating breakfast in the cafeteria and spilled milk all over his shirt, Yuta offered to wait for him outside. And the hoe still hasn't shown up.

Yuta replied back, saying I don't c his dumb ass anywhere, when he finally saw Jaehyun running from where the science building was located, hair looking like it hasn't been brushed in days, the same grey sweatpants and black-and-white striped t-shirt frayed at the edges which he had been wearing yesterday combined with his black sneakers. His black gym bag looked like it was about to fall off from his arm at any second, a whole bagel in his mouth.

Yeah, looks like today wasn't one of his days.

Yuta quickly replied back to Mark saying nvm I c him when Jaehyun finally came to where he was, panting and taking breaths as much as he could with a stupid bagel in his mouth. Jaehyun just had that sort of gift.

When he was done taking his exaggerated breaths, he took off the bagel from his mouth, but not before taking a bite from it. He offered some to Yuta, but he refused.