Chapter 11: Quidditch Match

~Rose~

I felt my hands clam up as I thought about today's events. It's the first Saturday of November, which means that today's the first match of the season and James really wants Gryffindor to get off with a good start this year.

"Come on team!" James said in the locker room. The whole team has changed into their Quidditch robes and with their brooms in their hands, they are ready to go. So now, as usual, the captain starts us off with a good luck speech, "Remember last year? We finally won the Quidditch cup again after three years of losing to Slytherin and Ravenclaw. For those of you who were on the team last year, do you remember that feeling, the feeling where you feel unbeatable, where you knew that you're going to win? Well, I want you to keep that feeling. I mean why wouldn't we win, we have an amazing team. Three amazing chasers, two unbeatable chasers, one terrific keeper," He gestured to each of us as he spoke, "And me, the best seeker this school has ever seen. Now I'm going to keep this short and sweet, try your best and we can definitely win this! Go lions!"

"GO LIONS!" The rest of the team shouted,

"Now let's kick some Slytherin arse!" He shouted and the rest of us cheered. The rest of the team started forwards to ready themselves, only James and I stayed behind. He turned to me, a smirk playing at the edge of his lips. "So how was that for an encouragement speech?"

I grinned, "Perfect. Inspiring with just a touch of your own egoistic self." He chuckled,

"Brilliant," James said, "Now as I said before, let's go kick some Slytherin arse!" He pumped a fist in the air, causing me to giggle.

Hopping onto our brooms, we soared onto the Quidditch field as Isaac Jordon, the commentator announced each of us,

"And here comes the Gryffindor team, lead by their captain and seeker, James Potter! And here comes the keeper, Logan Holman, a newbie, hopes he does well- Oh! Watch those chasers soar! It is still the same old trio you all know and love, Eleanor Parker, Farrah Hayes, and Rose Weasley! Next comes the beaters, Fred Weasley and James' little sister, Lily Potter!"

I saw Lily frown as Isaac said that she was James' sister, oh no, please don't let Jayden get to her. Lily shook her hands nervously, a habit she does whenever she is getting ready for a game or a test. Helps her get into her 'zone' as she calls it. I shook myself, now is not the time to get distracted, we all have to focus if we want to win this.

"And here comes the Slytherin team, looks like a strong team this year," Isaac said and I smiled as I saw Scorpius fly into view, "Lead by their captain and seeker, much like the Gryffindor team, Scorpius Malfoy! Wow, is that a real Thunderbolt he's riding, the top-notch broom this year, prefers by all the national teams. Sleek handle, made of redwood I presume, the indents made for a nice grip. And is that birch for the brustle. That'll help him cut right through the air! Oh and there's their old keeper, Jackson Harper! Must I say wow! Are those new chasers I see? Dominic Urquhart, son of a former Slytherin captain might I add, Liliana Sanders, tried asking her out to Hogsmeade but she rejected me! Can you believe it? And of course, Maya Benson. Wow!" He cried as the beater came out so fast that he nearly missed it, "Look that those beaters go, Mack David and Ian Corner, both riding Starshooters, fast brooms but not good for a fast clean stop. Brake tends to fail." Then, as if on cue, Ian nearly crashed into the crowd, jerking upwards at the last moment,

Once everyone has gotten over the shock of almost getting pummeled into by him and the players have all lined up aloft, Professor Emerson, the Arithmancy professor, flew on his own broom up to us. Scorpius and James shook hands as they resumed their original positions as seekers, above the rest of us.

"Now I expect that you all know the rules and all the fouls," Professor Emerson shouted over the murmurs of the crowd, placing a silver whistle up to his lips, "Ready... Set... GO!"