The Garden

They had disappeared! I had just finished training with Uriel and I come back to find them gone! I looked around the nest to see if they had just wandered off somewhere, but no it would seem as if they've just gone wondering around heaven.

I need to put those two on a leash, one of them was always up to something and together it was just a nightmare. He stormed over to where they were resting, trying to figure out where they would have gone, when he noticed a small piece of paper resting against a tree.

Gabriel,
Me and Balthazar have gone to the garden for a bit. We would have told you but you were busy, don't worry were fine.

Castiel

He let out a sigh of relief. Nothing bad could happen in the garden at least.

"Gabriel." A soft voice appeared behind him.

Gabriel turned to face Joshua holding the hands of his two runaway angels.

"Joshua? They haven't been causing any trouble have they?" The last thing he needed was to learn that those two had burned down the garden or something.

"Not trouble no, well not deliberately anyway. It seems that this little one's grace is developing." He rested his hand on top of Castiel's head.

Now that he looked closer Castiel looked pale and a bit frightened, and Balthazar was just standing there with wide eyes not making any snarky comments.

"The poor boy was admiring my flowers, when his brother made him jump and he blew up a tree with his grace." Joshua looked down at Castiel, who was shaking slightly, and vanished back to his garden.

"G-Gabriel what's happening?" Poor Castiel looked terrified he had no idea what was happening.

"Hey, hey it's okay your okay. Don't worry this is perfectly normal." Gabriel crouched down next to Castiel.

"What's going on?" Anna and the others came up behind them.

This caused Castiel to jump and a white light struck a nearby tree. Everyone looked at Castiel in shock not knowing what to make of this.

"Right, okay everyone listen up. As you can see Castiel isn't feeling quite himself. This is because his grace is beginning to develop. Grace is an energy that angels have, you can't use it when you're young but as you grow older you can learn to use it whenever you like." He hoped he has clarified that enough, grace is a hard thing to explain.

"What do you use it for?" Uriel asked.

"Well one day when you are all grown up you will be given a mission and sent to earth. Your grace will help you fulfill your mission. You can use it to vanish, hide your wings, smite demons and send people places." Gabriel didn't want to go too far into the future, they were still just children after all.

"H-how d-do I control i-it?" Castiel whimpered burying his head into Gabriel's shoulder.

Gabriel could feel Castiel's grace growing inside of him. Slowly seeping to the surface.

"You just need to focus it. Concentrate on something and push your grace onto it okay?" Gabriel looked at Castiel who nodded.

Castiel closed his eyes in concentration and his whole body began to glow. The others rushed forward worried about their brother. He motioned for them to stay back, interrupting this could be catastrophic. Eventually the light died down and Castiel opened his eyes.

"Cassie? Are you okay?" Balthazar wrapped his arms around his brother.

Castiel just nodded his head and leant on his brother looking exhausted. The others came over and formed a group hug with Castiel in the middle, being cradled by all his siblings. Gabriel didn't have the heart to break this up so he just left them and went to speak to his older brothers.