16

Hindi ako makapagsalita o makapagtanong man lamang tungkol sa nalaman ko. I couldn't find the right word to say. Hearing him telling me the truth behind the things that what I believed. I spent my almost six years for something that didn't really happened? Wait... I remembered it clearly, Clover Yvangelin Stavros took over my case. She is the one who performed the surgery. When I was woke up after, still she's the one who looked after my condition. Why are you lying, Hades? Hindi naman kita tatakbuhan sa usapan natin...

My heart clenched in familiar pain of sadness and disappointment. I choose not to utter any of my queries. Ayokong madagdagan ang sakit ng kalooban ko para rito. That would be a torture. I let him that time... I let him feel the unwilling comfort that I am giving now him thinking how hard this day for him.

Ilang sandaling nanaig ang katahimikan sa pagitan namin dalawa. Naging magaan na ang paghinga ni Hades na tila kumalma na ang bagyong rumagasa sa kanyang pagkatao habang ang aking ay tila galit na galit na alon ng dagat na kumakalampag sa aking pagkatao.

"You okay now?" I asked him to ease the tension inside me. Naramdam ko ang pagluwag ng yakap nito sa akin at unti unti nyang pagkalas mula roon na naging sanhi ng pangungulila ko para rito.

Tumango siya bilang tugon at tahimik na tumabi sa akin sa duyan. Kitang kita ko ang kalungkutan sa mukha nito. "Sorry you have to witness that. I'm still not used to this. You see? It's my 3rd time but I let that unruly emotion succumb me. But I'll be fine." Anya sa hungkag na tono. There will always something on him.

Huminga ako ng malalim at timingala sa kalangitan. Napapikit pa ako ng tumama ang sikat ng araw sa aking mga mata... Sunlight ...I used to believe that it was a ray of happiness. The happiness will brought tranquil feelings and peaceful hope. I used to love whenever sun shines brightly not until nana left for paradise and the only trusted friend I had back then betray me.

"You know why there is a sun rise and set?" I said in my composed tone. I want to sooth his pain for losing that patient. Naramdaman ko ang pagdako ng tingin nito sa akin that made me smile with a glint of sadness.

"To remind us that Sunrise and sunset signifies not only the hope and end but also the life of a person..." Panimula ko. I want this time become meaningful with him. I want to share what I had learned when I suffered with the hate and grudge in my heart, when I lost the reason of living and my only trusted friend...

"Sunrises like how we are born in this world with the ray of life... We are the brightest ray to start a rising fate yet clueless how it will be... We don't have any idea how the day will go but we always know that it will end up with sunset once the purpose of that day ends." Huminga ako ng malalim tsaka sya hinarap at nginitian...

"Philip and those patients who gained their wings while doing your best to treat them served their purpose in life, Hades. Death is inevitable thing in a lifetime. God will callback those who accomplished their mission here and that's how it will always be... Just how the sunrises and sunsets everyday. So don't blame yourself for losing them because they were called and had to go home with our Creator." I said softly like giving my best to bring him solace of light.

I noticed how those emerald orbs shifted into lighter shade and soft emotion. I gasp and I felt my heart aches in sadness for that kind of vulnerability he is showing me. This is the first time he let me witness his weakness... I had known him a strong and proud man. He held my hand like he is depending his sanity to it. Hinayaan ko lamang ito sa ganoong posisyon. As much as possible, I want to give him the comfort that I fail to gave him when Ms. Rosalie went home. Napagtanto ko na iyon ang hindi ko naibigay sa kanya noon bilang kaibigan nya... Matalik na kaibigan niya noon because I am pampering my own pain that time.