Chapter Four

"If you weren't so damn quick, I would have won"

"You're lazy, that's a fact. Not so quick and easy with four legs" Cae laughed. Hal chuckled too.

"Relax, Talroze. We both know Owena kick his ass every time."

Cae did a lunge towards Hal who jumped out of the way. Aeric smiled and Talroze laughed.

"You know you're supposed to kill the enemies, not each other?" Owena smiled when she and Lizzie entered the changing room. Bruno came after them, with a tormented face expression.

"I'm dying!" he sunk to the ground. "Hal, Hal, am I dead?"

"I don't know, are you?" he patted Bruno's shoulder. "Was he hard on you?"

"It was torture!" Bruno slammed his arms out. "We ran for three, no five hours, down in a swamp, were I lost my boots. Then, he forced me to continue! Without boots!"

"You're still sure you want to become a knight?" Talroze

Bruno sat straight up, doing the honor symbol and looking dead serious.

"I promise I'll be thy faithful and loyal until I wander this earth for the last time" he said from the bottom of his heart. "But I'm dying!" He fell back down on the floor. Everyone laughed.

"Let's go lads and ladies. The Monster is awaiting" Aeric said. Cae and Hal heaved up Bruno's body so he hanged over Talroze back.

"Make sure he doesn't fall of"

"Is that you, God?" Bruno fabled.

"Flattering" Talroze chuckled when they started to walk. Bruno whined unhappily.

Lizzie climbed up on Cae's back. "How's your day?"

"Dealing with a hangover and a cheating centaur, how about you?"

"Owena showed me how to slit someone's throat in less than ten seconds."

"Ah, that's a good one."

"I know! And we saw three horses arrive, one ended almost up in the ditch."

"Someone I should remember?"

"I think so... do you remember Lady Samantha of Bluehill?"

"Oh" Cae dilated his eyes. "Her."