Chapter Twelve

"I'm telling you the truth, Gimlon," the Count said. "Even if you don't want to hear it."

"You're telling me what would fit your purse best" Gimlon snarled.

"No, I'm trying to do this as your friend, not as an advisor. But your stubborn..."

"Yeah yeah, my stubborn dwarf ass won't listen, I've heard that one before. Can't you come up with any new insults?"

"This is serious" Gimlon chuckled when the Count's cheeks turned red. "You're dealing with a rather big economic problem and..."

"It's not a problem. Not yet."

"It will be if you don't take care of it. And that means..."

BOOM! A big oak door loosened from its hinges and flew out into the corridor. After came a coughing alchemist and a lot of dark green smoke.

"That doesn't look like gold."

"No, it isn't" he answered. "I'm working on it."

"And the..." the Count did a gesture to the smoke.

"Oh, whole honest I don't know yet, but it's gonna be big and it's gonna sound boom."

"Sounds great," Gimlon said and smiled, mostly because he knew it would annoy the Count to near madness.

"Yeah, I thought so too." The Count rolled his eyes and stepped over the door. The alchemist scratched his head.

"I should probably call for the blacksmith or something..."

"Not needed," Gimlon said, picked up the massive door, and hung it back in place. "Easy."

"Well, that went faster than expected. Goodbye," the alchemist slammed the door and bolted it. Gimlon chuckled.

"You should fire him."

"Never!"

"The only thing he ever does is creating bombs and poisons that we can't use. He's not even close to creating gold!"

"Give it time, I'm sure he'll..."

"Gimlon!" the General showed up, looking like an enraged bull. "How did she get in?"

"Who?"

"The witch. Long hair, pointy hat, some interesting friends..."

"Oh, that one."

"Yes, the witch. Am I the only one who sees her for what she really is?"

"No, but you're the only one who cares, General," Antonius joined the fast walking group.

"That which is careless and has no respect for law and authority."

"Reminding you of someone?" Gimlon murmured. Luckily no one heard him. They were too busy fighting.

"And where is my report, Count? I need it today."

"I have a crisis to handle, excuse me for not remembering everything."

"Oh so you think you got problems, I have two, no three, witches in my town."

"Your town Antonius? You have something to tell me?"

"Why didn't you invite me to the party?" Lady Adela walked up to them. "I need to talk to you, General"

"Not now, Adela. Antonius, did you know about the witch?"

"Hey!" It echoed in the hallway as Medea came running up to them.

"Speak of the devil" the General murmured. "What is it?"

"I..." she stopped and panted. Her cheeks were red and her hair wet from the rain. In fact, all of her was wet.

"What made you run outside in this weather?!"

"I...I...did you receive a...teal blue letter with...with a... a golden seal...representing a...sun?"

They all got quiet. She looked at them, still panting.

"I know who sent it."