Chapter Nine

The morning was really misty and rainy, which wasn't very nice. Still, it seemed like it would be warm in a few hours. The sun was barely awake.

He walked down the street, missing the warmth in the stable, but Twig had thrown him out when she found him. He was a little bit unsure how he ended up in the stable, but he thought it had something to do with a bet.

As he walked, he stepped into a cold puddle of dirt. He whined and tried to scrape the dirt away, or at least dry off his poor foot. When he stood there, a silhouette came walking towards him. To his surprise it was Dea. All the clothes she wore were way too big for her, which made her look very small. Even her big hair laid down because of the wet.

"Oh, good morning Dea!" she smiled back, tiredly.

"Hi Conrad," she pulled her cardigan tighter. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Twig threw me out," he said. "More or less literally."

She smiled. "You didn't happen to see Adam in the stables?"

"Uhm..." he scratched his head. "Maybe, it's all in a fog...uhm...oh yeah, I did! He ran down the Butcher's Pathway for like...many hours ago. He was probably going to the forest, you know how he is," he continued to scrape the dirt of his foot.

"He didn't say when he would come back?"

"Now, but its Adam. He'll show up when he feels to." Dea's didn't answer him but just looked absent. "Is something wrong?"

"No, it's nothing," she shrugged her shoulders. "I just wondered. I should head back. Hope you find someplace to sleep."

"Yeah, thank you Dea" he chuckled and jumped away. Maybe he could sleep on Cedric's couch...