Chapter Twentyseven

You could say much about Lionheart, Medea absolutely could, but she was very lavish with her noble guests.

Their chambers were huge, with expensive furniture in fine wood and nice, rich colors. The beds were enormous, it could easily fit five persons in one bed and it wouldn't be crowded, and they were so soft you sank down in it and then needed help to get up. It had comfortable pillows and soft satin sheets. The rooms also came with their own wine cabinet.

"I could get used to this," the General said as she stretched out in one of the beds.

"I agree," the Count said and uncorked one of the wine bottles. "To one hundred percent."

"I'm sure it's nice for someone with two legs and soft feet," Talroze said. All the stairs they had walked up had made him moody.

"I'm sure they can arrange - be careful with does! - something on the lower floors if we ask Talroze - oh give me that!" she tugged a bag from a terrified servant's hands. "Is this yours or Lionheart's servants Gimlon?"

"Have to be Lionheart's," Gimlon smirked. "Mine aren't that pretty."

"If you stop thinking with your cock and you give me that bottle, we can all get a glass," the General took the bottle of the Count's hands and poured the wine and shared. She drank from the bottle herself.

Gimlon took his glass and smacked his lips. "Good, but too sweet for my taste."

"Not strong enough for mine," Adela sighed. "Do you think we have to behave and eat dinner with our host tonight."
"I hope we do," the Count laughed. The General had taken the bottle and was now dancing around in the bedroom.

"My lordship!" she laughed. "I'm planning to live the sweet life while we visit lady silky-puff-sleeves-Lionheart!" she gulped the bottled and fell back on the bed. Talroze frowned.

"Why does she do this?"

"You have known her long enough to know that she doesn't have any impact assessment," Adela said.

"I have!" the General shouted. "When there are any bad consequences!"

"You mean any life-threatening consequences."

"Same shit," the General leaned backward and brought the bottle to her lips, just to find out it was empty. "This was a very small bottle of wine."

"This was nice, yawn, but I'm heading to bed," the Count said. "I want some sleep before three nights of partying."

"You're right for once," Adela said and put down her glass. "Oh, and we're all covered in traveling dust. I hope they have the chance to a bath tomorrow."

"I hope so too," they all settled down and the Count, Gimlon, and Talroze left the room to the tones of the General singing The Bear and the Maiden fair and dancing waltz with the empty wine bottle.