Chapter Eight

"Are you awake?"

He moved beside her, groaning. She grinned and poked his cheek again. "Hello?"

"Haven't we said hello already?"

"Yes we have," she answered when he pulled her closer to his chest. "I just wanted to do it again."

"Well, now you have," he held her tight and buried his head in her neck and long hair. She sniggered and kissed him. He was always so warm. And he smelled like fir and food. Plus when he looked at her like that she couldn't resist kissing him, long and deep.

"You woke me up to do that?" he smirked.

"No, I didn't wake you up. I asked if you were awake."

"And then you woke me up."

"And then you woke up," she teased back. He grinned, and pulled her close, close to his face before kissing her, dragging himself up on top.

"Hey" she breathed after a time. "I've been thinking..."

"Mmh..."

"About...hmm....the envelope" they slipped apart a little so they could breathe properly. "You might remember the seal?"

"Seal?"

"What did the seal look like?"

"Uhm...Can we take that tomorrow? I will think better than," he answered and kissed her again. His tail pets her bum and she sniggered when it tickled her. "Do you want to sleep or keep doing this?"

"Sleep. I want to sleep," she laid her head on his chest. "But I won't mind if I wake up with a few hickeys."

He chuckled and kissed her neck. "Goodnight then."

"Goodnight, Adam."

She smiled as she fell asleep.