Chapter Thirty-two

The dinner went quicker the other night, and the tables were all placed out around the walls to leave an empty space in the middle, which would serve as a scene. It was a jolly, open mood and people looked forward to the entertaining. Adela looked forward to met the bottom of her glass. Again.

"Will this be as boring as yesterday?"

"You leave if you want," Gimlon shrugged. "I want to see her though."

"Don't you think I want to too?" Adela glowed at him. "But if this fine ladies will take the whole night to get ready I don't think we'll get the chance."

It didn't take the whole night for the ladies, but the sun had been down for a while when the plates were taken away and the first performance started. It was Emilia Irritan who played a ridiculously complicated melody on the piano. The General groaned.

"That woman is everywhere!"

"That girl most likely. Cher is older than her and little lady Irritan has a key role at this court," Adela rolled her eyes.

"She's Lionheart's childhood friend, that's why she can roam around as she please," Gimlon said.

"How do you know that?"

"I....um..."

"You got along pretty well with Lionheart last night didn't you?" the General smirked.

"Well, we..."

Gimlon didn't have to finish the sentence, because the last tones of piano chimed out and Emilia got polite applause.

"Who's next?"

"Acrobats from the East. Common circus people."

It went on like that for three more performances, which included poetry, dancing, and lute. Then, it was Penny's turn.

"And now, from Risus Fort, Peggy, who will sing...Valerie's anthem."

Penny stepped out on the scene and the room gasped in amazement. Penny's silver-gray dress was daring, even scandalous, showing much cleavage, for not talking about the slit she had, showing her right leg and a sparkling shoe.

"That's not the dress I gave her!" Adela was too amazed to be angry.

"That little bitch for a witch," the General murmured. She looked up at Lionheart's table and found to her incurable happiness that the ladies blushed and hid behind their fans while the lords had a hard time not get a hard-on.

Penny smiled, loving to be the center of attention, and took place in the middle with the last swoop with her skirt.

"Keep it in the pants boys," the Count whispered.

"I'm trying to," the General answered with a smirk.

"Shut up now!" Gimlon hissed.

The music started to play and the saw Penny take a deep breath. It was like she was going to jump off a high cliff.

And so she did.