Chapter Five

The tea was boiling when it knocked on the door. She put the kettle of and went to open. Who could it be? Not many people knew where she lived or could find their way in.

"Surprise!"

"Samantha!" Her friend smiled when she stepped in and closed the door. Then she gave her a hug that almost broke her ribs.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine, darling" Samantha chuckled. "Though it took us a smaller eternity to get here."

"Us?"

"Yes, Ray and their friend, oh what's her name, well I don't remember, but she's here too. But we take that later" she marched into her small kitchen and poured two cups of tea to them. Medea smiled when she emptied the whole sugar bowl.

"So tell me," she said with a twinkle in the eye. "All the gossip. Is Cae still single? And what about Nebula? Or the mighty lord himself?"

She laughed though it was the oldest joke ever. "I don't know about Cae, but can you make something spicy of Nebula giving Hal free refills?"

"Oooh, I knew she liked him! But that sweet redheaded girl, Lady...?

"Sherlyn, Cher for short" she smiled.

"Yes, that one! Didn't she like Hal? And what about the evil queen herself?" Samantha exclaimed. She smirked.

"Which one do you mean?" Samantha laughed out loud with her whole body.

"You know who I mean! But..." she glanced at her over her teacup. "Where is your ogre?"

"He's not my ogre. He is a he and he's not a pet"

"Really? I've heard they're into naughty stuff like that in bed. Have he ever asked you to...?"

"Can we skip this part and go to the part where I met Ray and Inelle?" she interrupted blushing.

"Does he have fangs?"

"Will you ever give up!"

"Never!"

"I'm going to leave. Now" she picked up her hat and went to the door. Samantha pulled on her cloak and hurried after her.

"You know I'll find out. I always find out, you know that buttercup."

Oh yeah, I know way too well.