Chapter 17- Keefe's POV

Keefe awoke, screaming to a nightmare. He felt tears coming down his face, but he quickly wiped them off.  He was afraid his mother would see, and say something rude about it. Keefe saw nothing wrong with crying, but he knew his mother saw it as a sign of weakness, and he knew he shouldn't make her mad.

The nightmare was nothing new, but it rocked Keefe to the core. The strange girl who had been in his dreams and on the picture he saw. She was screaming his name, but this time she was being attacked. And so was Keefe. Actually, pretty much all of his surroundings were on fire.

The events from the day before were still fresh in his mind. After Tam had left, he heard nothing else of the situation, and Keefe had fallen asleep in his chair, probably explaining why Keefe woke up in the middle of the night, or had that weird nightmare. He wanted to go ask someone how their little "trip" went, but it wasn't even 5 AM yet, so he decided to wait. Anyways, he was pretty unfamiliar to this building, as he had come to it not too long ago, so he probably wouldn't be able to find anyone.

Keefe sighed and pulled over a notebook from on top of his desk. It wasn't fancy, but he decided to draw some scenes of his nightmare, to try and come up with theories about what was happening, who the enemy was, and who the girl and boy in his dreams were.

Keefe was actually quite good a drawing, illustrating them almost perfectly. She had blond hair, and brown eyes, which seemed strange because al of the elves had blue eyes. Maybe they were contacts. The boy had dark brown hair, and bright teal eyes. They reminded him of someone, he just couldn't pinpoint who.

His door slammed open, and in walked his mom. She caught sight of the drawings of the two.

"Who are those people?" she asked him sharply. He knew he was probably about to get into big trouble.

"Umm I don't know? I just drew them," he said, which was a lie. He knew them from his dreams, where they would shout his name. And from somewhere else. Keefe just didn't know where.

"Really? Don't lie to me Keefe," she said.

"Nope I really don't know," he said.

"Hmm... well okay then," she said, unsatisfied with his answer.

"What happened yesterday?" Keefe asked, eager to change the subject.

"Oh when Tam came up to you? That was nothing, we just had to run out," she told him.

"Really? Don't lie to me mom," Keefe said, mocking her. She looked very angry at this, but he didn't have a care in the world. He was worried, and wanted to know what had occurred the day before.

"Fine. I guess I can trust you. Yesterday I sent 3 of our members to collect a cache, and the secret to unlock it-"

"From who?" he interrupted.

"The Black Swan, they're another rebellion group but they're not on our side," she said.

Keefe had heard about them from Vespera, and he remembered the many times when he was younger, when his mom had trained him to fight them.

"Anyways, while that happened, Tam and I went to another abandoned hideout, to try and find one of their workers. We got lucky and found two, but then I got hit by a melder, somehow I passed out, and they got away," she said, finishing up her story.

"Ohh, so you failed."

"KEEFE!"

"Fine, I'm sorry," he said with a sigh.

She shut the door, and left him to wonder what was going to happen next, and how he would prove himself and fight back.

A/N Thank you all so much for all of the reads! And if you're confused about the storyline, basically Keefe's memories of the Black Swan were taken, and Gethen replaced them with memories of the Neverseen. That's why Keefe doesn't remember the others, but when he saw Tam, he had a small flashback thing. Thanks!!