Kabanata 4

"Ma'am I'll just remind you that you have a meeting with Mr. Guzman after your meeting with the engineers so you need to go back immediately." My secretary said over the phone as I looked for the meeting's table reservation.

Sometimes I was thinking that she is my boss because there are times that she's so bossy.

"Thanks for reminding, I'll go ahead," I said with finality because I already saw Vynz with his team. They're on a six-seater table. Bakante ang isang kabisera at sa kabila naman ay si Vynz.

Ako na lang ang wala roon. There are four men including Vynz on the table and a woman.

"Apologies for being late," I said as I approached our reserved table.

Tumayo sila nang makita ako. "You're just on time, maaga lang kami." It was Vynz.

"This is Mirae Lozano of Lozano Empire, Mirae this is Engineer Velasco, Engineer Rodriguez, Engineer Santos, and Architect Fernandez, my team." Vynz introduced us to each other. I don't know if I was too preoccupied dahil ang natandaan ko lang sa mga pinakilala ni Vynz ay yung babae na si Architect Fernandez.

"Let's order first," I muttered.

When our orders arrived, I started to give them the details and the things that I want for the project.

I don't know but I can see a man near our table through my peripheral view, secretly looking at us. Hindi ko na lang pinahalata na alam ko ang presensya niya.

"I'll just go to the restroom." Nabaling ang pansin ko kay Vynz nang magpaalam siya. Tumango lang ako bilang sagot.

The suspicious man stood up and headed to the restroom, following Vynz.

Engineer I don't know the name keeps on talking about the materials but my attention was focus on the entrance of the restroom.

Vynz was on his phone when he returned after a while. The meeting continues and I was stealing glances on the entrance of the restroom dahil hindi pa rin lumalabas doon yung lalaki kanina.

The meeting ended and the three engineers and architect bids their goodbyes kaya't kami na lang ni Vynz ang naiwan sa table.

Tumayo na ako at nagpaalam. "I'll go ahead, Engineer." Tinalikuran ko siya at naglakad palayo.

Nakakailang hakbang pa lamang ako ng may marahang humawak sa aking braso. "Wait." Pigil niya sa akin.

"What?" Binitawan niya ako nang humarap ako sa kanya.

"Can we eat lunch?" I frowned because of his question.

What kind of question is that? "Of course we can, bakit 'di mo pa na try kumain ng lunch?" I was joking when I asked that.

Para naman itong natauhan sa paraan ng pagtatanong. Now I heard him chuckled sexily. "What I mean is can I ask you out for lunch? Later?" He's asking me to have lunch with him?

"I'm busy," I replied. I was just actually testing his patience.

"Dinner then?" Bahagyang na liit ang aking mga mata. You're that desperate, huh?

"No," I said, directly declining his offer.

He frowned. "Why?" I am now seeing a lot of emotions from him. Noong nakaraan ay puro blanko at malamig na titig lang iyon o kaya naman ay ang pagtaas ng gilid ng kaniyang labi dahil sa pagngisi.

Matamis akong ngumiti sa kanya. "I don't want any dirty business with you, Vynz."

"Dirty business?" He asked, still frowning.