Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Things are messed up now.All the money went into June's treatment.

"Scott I really need the money man," I said through the phone.

"I understand but...It's going to take some time.." He said.

" How much?" I said, my voice shaking.

"Can't say. Don't worry, okay?" he said reassuringly.

Only one day left. I had given her two days. June still needs rest but we have no choice now.

We have to move. And fast.

June is still in the hospital and the doctor said that she cannot go unless she's completely okay.

One day is not enough time. We NEED to move.

But where will we go? The only place we can go is Dublin. To my old home. After my parents died, my aunt lived there with me . And by the time she passed away i was old enough to leave that place for a new start. There's no one there now. We'll be fine there.

I needed someone to look out for us here. I needed to tell Jay and Mr.Smith about this.

I went to the room in which June was kept in.

She was giggling and talking to Jay.

A small smile grew on my face, looking at her.

"Hey James" she said, smiling.

"Hey love. I need to talk to Jay for a minute, could you excuse us?" I said, fiddling with my fingers.

She shot me a confused look which I ignored.

"Uh..Sure."

I signalled Jay to come out.

"Uh..What's up man?" Jay asked, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jacket.

"Look Jay this is going to be hard to explain....."

He nodded and listened to what i had to say carefully.

" A few years back, I had this disease. And I needed some drugs to cure that. I didn't find anyone with those drugs. I found.. Uh.. Someone named Scarlett. She was sweet at first. She said I could give her the money when I wanted to. I was happy I found her. I kept taking the drugs. But I was cured before It became an addiction. By then it had been 3 years. I didn't have a lot of money. Suddenly she went crazy. Said she wanted the money at that moment. I tried to explain her but she started to b-beat me. Finally I made a deal to give her the money after 3 more years. Two months back she gave me time to give her the money after two months. I had forgotten about it , when I remembered it yesterday. 20 days were left. I already had the money so I called up Scott , an old friend of mine , to give me that money. I told Scarlett that I'd give her the money after 2 days. She agreed. Now one day is left and the money is gone. So my point of this is that...June and I are moving to Dublin. We have to. Scarlett will be coming for us. June is in danger. She threatened she would hurt her if I didn't pay her. I need you to care of things here. In case anything happens, you call me."

Jay looked shocked. He stared at me with disbelief.

"SCARLETT?!"

"Yeah. Why?" I asked, confused.

"Wait. Is that why you went to chicago? To Scarlett?" he asked.

"Uh.. Yeah.. She kept calling me.. Asking where the money is. And I had to go there because Scott was also there and I had to help him gather the money." I said, fiddling with my fingers.