Chapter 2

A/N: I am really excited to write this for I have worked really hard for the story line of this book...:) Comment please :*

Putting on the apron I completed my outfit for going to work.

I took my purse and my keys and left for work, locking the door.

Walking down the dirty flight of stairs, I noticed out of the window that it had been raining. The window was stained with the rain drops.

As I stepped out of the building, I noticed the dirty muddy road and the dark sky which had grey clouds roaming.

My heels made clicking noising against the road as I made my way to the coffee shop which wasn't far from My house.

I opened the door, making the bell ring.

"Good morning June" My boss, Mr.Smith said.

Unlike other bosses, he was really sweet and caring. When he saw my condition, he hired me without hesitation. I'm really good at this job as well, so he favors me. He really looks after me. He's almost like a father to me. He reminds me of dad as well....

"Morning." I gave a fake smile.

I dont really smile as such...but I can't be rude to him. So out of politeness I smile to whoever necessary.  Otherwise I don't even think of smiling....I can't remember the last time I gave a genuine smile..

"I made some breakfast for you. You've become really thin sweetheart.  Dont tell me you're skipping lunch and dinner again...If it wasn't for me you would've been skipping breakfast as well and by now you wouldve been in the hospital!" He said in a serious manner.

It's true. This started the first time I got hired. I went into severe depression.  I didnt know where my life is going. I was lost. That was until Mr.Smith decided to help me. But it was temporary ...lately I've been feeling like the first time I felt about the accident. I don't feel like eating. Its actually an on and off thing.

"I'm sorry Uncle Smith ...Ill make sure I eat now.." I said.

"Good. Now come on here and eat" He said calmly.

I went to him and he hugged me and I hugged him back tighter.

"I love you so much June. You're like the daughter I never had. Please take care of your health" He said, sadly.

"I love you too Uncle. I promise ill take care" I said.

I fake smiled and ate some of the grilled sausage and mashed potatoes.

The day had started and swarms of people had come to our shop. My best friend, Scarlet had also come for her shift.

"Hey June!" She chirped.

"Hi scar" I said.

"I didn't sleep at all last night. I was watching this horror movie and wow nasty stuff" She said as she made a disgusted face remembering the scenes from the movie.

"One of reasons why I'm not interested in such activities" I stated.

"Oh I know." She said.

People didn't stop coming till it was 7.

"Alright wrap it up Girls. Oh and one thing. I don't think many people will come since tomorrow, some famous Singer is coming to that other coffee shop. We might even be free. But that doesn't mean its a day off! alright?" Uncle Smith said.

Its fine either way. It keeps me occupied and away from  depressing thoughts.

"yeah okay" I said.

"Oh and June..remember to eat." He said.

"y-yeah" I said.

I took my purse and keys and left for my house.

Oh crap its raining! I didn't take my umbrella! oh genius.

I took of my heels and took off in jet speed.

"Woah woah woah lady calm it!" A male's voice filled my ears as I bumped into his rock hard chest.

It was too dark to see his face.

The street lamps illuminated my face but hid his.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I don't have an umbrella and-"

"Its okay take mine"

Is he crazy? how will I return it?!

"But how will i-"

"I have many no problem giving away to a pretty lady such as yourself. Dont worry I like getting wet in the rain" He said.

"Oh..thank you. You're very kind" I said polietly and took his umbrella in my hand.

"No problem"

With that, he left. I didn't even get to see his face. Well it's okay.

The umbrella prevented the rain from reaching me and I reached my apartment only a bit wet.

Shivering, I took a warm bath and cooked some soup.

I had to eat, Can't let uncle Smith down.

It was raining tonight ...I don't care. I will go on that road..

I took the same umbrella and went.

As I walked towards that road, I saw someone dancing crazily in the rain.

It looked like a man.

Wait..is he the same Guy?

"Um..is that you who gave me the umbrella?" I asked.

"And are you the pretty lady who was running without heels?" He questioned back.

"Yes" I answered.

" Well then yes too" He said.

I wanted silence and peace so I went to the end of the road.

As I threw pebbles, I thought to myself.

What an odd man.

Why are the stars shining so bright tonight?

There's something different in the day  today.  It seems a lot more...bright ...and....

Alive ..