Chapter 12

"Scar, where have you been? You haven't been coming to work, we tried to contact you but you wouldn't even pick up your goddamned phone!" Uncle Smith shouted. 

James had to leave early morning, he said he had get back to work.  But since he had to take care of me as well,he said he come by at night.

Today Scarlet finally decided to show up at work, she had gone somewhere we don't know, and she didn't even tell us. I didn't realize myself, I was too caught up in James.

"Look, I'm sorry alright. But I'm quitting this job. I had gone out of country , and i need to be there." She said, in a nonchalant tone. 

What has gotten into her? she was always so sweet and lively, all of the  sudden she's being oa bitch. 

Yes, she was my best friend but she wasnt always there for me. So i took her as a friend but she took me as her best friend. 

"Where are you going and why?" Uncle Smith asked curiously.

"That is none of your business.  Thank you. I'll be going now. Bye June and Mr.Smith" With that she left.

"It's alright Uncle, we managed without her, we still can" I said, trying to calm him.

"Yes June.." He sighed and walked away.

He was already quite sad and disturbed. I had spoken to him about what had happened with me, I couldn't help but notice the guilt on his face.  Honestly, everyone is in desperate need for a mood change.

It was 1pm now, and not many customers were In the coffee Shop. I decided to read the Fault In Our Stars, I was close to finishing it.

I suddenly realized, I haven't been to the back road in a while!

I think I'll go tonight. 

"Uh..excuse me?" A manly voice spoke.

I looked up to see a man who looked about James age with deep brown eyes.

"Yes I'm sorry, how may I help you?" I smiled.

"Uh..are you May?" He asked.

Hearing her name made my face go pale and my body go numb. But, why would someone look for someone who's doesn't exist anymore?

"I-Im sorry I'm her..uh...sister...I'm J-June" I said.

"Oh..Oh okay...June..Addington?"

"Yes."

"Well...I was May's uh.. best friend. We were quite close. Do you happen to remember a certain Jay?"  He asked.

Then it hit me.

*Flashback*

"Oh man yeah and then Jay totally just came screaming in like he saw a ghost.  Holy hell he's such a girl" May blabbered.

"Can you please for God's sake stop talking about him? I get it he's your best friend for life! Now just shut up" I muttered.

"You're just jealous."

"Honey Make me meet him. You talk so highly of him." Mom interrupted.

"Sure mom. How about today?" She asked.

"Perfect."

May picked up her phone and I guess she called Jay.

"Jay! You wanna meet up today? yeah mom wants to meet you. oh..oh okay. No problem. Bye" She hung up.

"he's saying we should go to his house."

"Alright. We'll leave then" Mom said.

"Can I come too?" I asked.