15: An unknown past

Caroly's P.O.V.

We were heading to prof. Kukui's house after finding out my father had been kidnapped. The reason we were going there was because he was a close friend to my father and could know more than us.

We finally got there. I had been many times there while visiting Ash and the way there was easy to go to.

I knocked on the door as the tall man opened it.

"Alola, Caroly! It's nice to see you! And I see you've got some new friends!" He said as he looked at my friends.

"Yeah... But we came here for something... We need to talk..." I said.

"Of course, come in!" He invited us in.

We all got inside the house as prof. Burnet came to greet us.

"Alola!" She said.

"Alola!" We all replied.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Prof. Kukui asked.

"It's about my father... I want to know more about his old friend, prof. Giselle..." I said.

"Prof. Giselle!?" He said "She used to work with your father, they were doing some research work, but prof. Giselle had other intentions... She wanted to develop a new evolution on pokémon..."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She wanted to prove that she was able to create an experiment evolution, like a complete new form of pokémon, a much stronger form... So she caught a Pichu to start her experiment with." He explained.

"Was that... Electra??" I asked looking at my Pikachu.

"Yes it was. But the experiment went very wrong... It took your father a long time so he could save Electra..." He continued.

"What happened next??" I asked.

"He didn't give her the pokémon back because he found out that prof. Giselle wanted the experiment for Team Rocket since she worked for them..." He said.

I was shocked. Why didn't he tell me? And most importantly why did he give me Electra if he knew all this?

"That explains why Team Rocket kidnapped him..." I said still shocked.

"H-he was kidnapped!?" Prof. Kukui said with the bad news.

"Yes! And now we are going to rescue him with 'the help' of Type: Null!" I said.

"But that's dangerous... Let us help!" He said.

"We would appreciate help, but we already have our pokémon... We'll manage to do it..." I said.

"Ok, but please be careful! Type: Null doesn't obbey any human, so if you can deal with him, you'll have a great help." He replied.

"Thank you for the talk, but we must go now... See you around!" I said as we all left the house. It was getting late and we still didn't have a plan, so we had to camp for the night.

So we mounted our tents and prepared our food. After eating we all went to our respective tents so we could sleep. But something unexpected happened.

"The egg is about to hatch!" I said excitedly.

Everyone got up and came to check it out.

The newborn male Eevee was finally out of the egg, but this Eevee was different...

"It's a shiny!" Maya said.

"I have never seen a shiny Eevee before. This is so cool!" Alex said.

Glacia was taking care of her child and I could tell she was very happy.

"So aren't you going to catch him?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah... But I need to name him first... Any ideas, Glacia?" I said looking at the fresh snow pokémon.

"I think it should be... Dark." She said.

"Dark!? Why?" I asked curious.

"Dark because he was born at night time. Also he seems to like Blackout better than the other eeveelutions here. He might like the dark-type." She said as I saw him playing with the mentioned Umbreon.

"So Dark it is!" I said as I threw the pokéball at him that bounced three times then made a 'click' sound.

"You can come out now!" I said as I released the evolution pokémon out of its pokéball.

After all that was happening at the moment, it was good for this little Eevee to cheer me up a bit. He seemed very special, and I'm not saying that because he is a shiny but because I could feel that. That may sound weird but it's true.

Later, we all went to our tents so we could actually sleep. Tomorrow we were going to do a very dangerous mission and we all needed a good night of sleep.