The Blades

Surprise?

Lance P.O.V

Where am I? Why am I so sore?

I carefully crack my eye open, slightly blinded by the onslaught of light. I turned my head slowly to the side to see a figure I don't know.

The panic sets in; where is Lotor? Where is my pack? How do I get back to them?

I try to keep a calm face as I look up at the still unknown Galra standing next to me.

"Who are you and where am I?" I whisper trying not to let my voice tremble. The figure looks down at me with a soft look.

"I am Kolivan and you are on the base of the Blade of Marmora."

Why do people insist on kidnapping me?

I vaguely remember hearing stories about the Blades of Marmora, a rebel Galra alliance that frees planets. But the question is, why am I on their base?

I am pulled from my thoughts when I hear Kolivan next to me rumble in amusement. He steps closer and reaches his hand toward my face. I flinch away and squeeze my eyes shut in fear of what is to come next. But my head whips up surprised when I feel claws lightly scrapping against my scalp in a comforting manner. I melt into the touch and begin to cry.

I miss my pack. I miss Lotor. I wanna go home.

Kolivan rumbles again and rearranges me to where I am sitting in his lap. It reminded me of what my dad would do when I was sad on earth. I push myself further into the embrace and cry harder. Kolivan pulls me tighter to himself.

"It's okay kit," he rumbles out affectionately, " I am here. You are safe."

I cry for what seems like hours before I finally calm down. I lean back from the warm embrace so I can look Kolivan in the eyes.

"Why did you take me away from my pack," I ask curiously.

"You mean Voltron?" he rumbles confused.

"No, my pack, Lotor and his generals. My mate." I whimper out. I must sound pathetic.

He pulls my back in his arms and starts to rock me.

"I am sorry kit, I did not mean to upset you or cause you grief. But we did not take you from your pack. We recovered you from Voltron. We had been docked on their castle ship for an upcoming mission when one of my Blades accidentally walked in on the green paladin running experiments on you. We brought it up with the princess, but she said it was not our business. Later that night we stole you from the castle and brought you here to help you recover."

I look up at him in wonder. He saved me? I start to purr and chirp, throwing my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly.

"Thank you," I said into his neck, "thank you so much Kolivan. I don't know what would have happened to me had you not gotten me out!"

I pull back and look at him in the eyes, flashing him a bright smile.

"I just have one more favor, will you help me get back to my pack?"

Kolivan looks at me and nods, smiling lightly. "Of course kit, for you are now my family."

Sooo hi! I am not dead.

I came back on here with over a thousand notifications so I do not think I will be able to reply to everyones comments from previous chapters ( I make an effort to reply to y'alls comments cause I love y'all!) 

So if you have anything to say to my ugly mug, leave a comment and I will respond!