Feeling confused and..... loved?

Heyo my peeps we need to have a quick chat before this chapter. Umm how is it that this morning I had 230 reads and now I have almost 330????? Correct not possible for this crap I call a fiction. Thanks so much for the continued love and support!! Now on with the chapter!

~IAmOfficiallyAProfessionalLineForeverAndAlways~

Lotor's P.O.V

As I finally finish my overdue introduction to my mate, his eyes roll back and he starts to fall. Frantic, I rush forward to catch him. barely getting my hands under his head before we both hit the floor. I look down at him, chest heaving from the fear of him getting injured more than he already is.

As soon as my instincts calm down, I start checking him for injuries that would cause him to faint. After thoroughly checking his body (and I mean thoroughly), I come to the conclusion that he is in shock.

'Do I look that bad?' I thought to myself.

I carefully stand up, gently sweeping Lance into my arms.

'My doesn't he look beautiful. How is it that I was so lucky to find you my Blue?'

I carry him bridle style over to my king sized bed, laying him down in the center and pulling the blanket over his form. Softly leaning over, I sweep his hair out of his face and place a gentle kiss on his head.

Sighing I lean back and walk over to the sitting area and grab a chair, pulling it up to his bed side. I grab his hand and stare at his face longingly.

'Soon my love, soon.'

Lance's P.O.V

'What the...'

My first thought when I come to again is, 'what happened?'. And then it hits me. I'm Altean now and Lotor's... mate? 'Why me?' I'm nothing but an annoying burden that people are cursed to coexist with.'

I slowly open my eyes to see a royal purple canopy bedpost above me. Feeling something shift besides me I look to see Lotor with his hand wrapped around mine, asleep with his head laying on the bed. 'He's so freaking hot even when he's doing that... how???'  I reach over and run my fingers through his hair. 'Oh my god. It's so freaking soft. WTF how does he make it this soft???'

While I am musing about how his hair looks the way it does, I don't see him stirring next to me, starring at me with sleepy eyes. I almost scream and jump 5 feet in the air when I feel a hand touch my thigh.

"HoLy sHiT" I exclaimed, gasping for air, "you scared the crap out of me."

Lotor just stares at me amused and then I ask the question I've been meaning to ask since I got here.

"Why me?" I blurt out look shyly at Lotor.

Lotor looks startled by the question, like he can't figure out why I would say such a thing.

"What do you mean 'why me?' why wouldn't it be you?" He looks confused and befuddled that I would even ask that question.

"I mean why me? You have so many better more qualified choices for a mate. Someone prettier, smarter, funnier, and just in general. What did you do to get stuck with a worthless burden like me as a potential mate?"

Suddenly the atmosphere changes and a deep growl echo's through the room. I look up to see a furious Lotor. I get scared and start backing away when I suddenly find myself wrapped in a cocoon of blankets and arms, Lotor still growling.

"And who the FUCK made you feel this way about your fucking self?" he seethed; growling becoming louder and more violent.

"My team." I whisper in hopes of appeasing him.

It only seemed to anger him more however cause he then proceeded to roar and start nuzzling my neck.

"What exactly did you team, tell you to make you feel this way?" He spat out the word team with so much venom and anger that I couldn't help but whimper and tell him the whole truth.

After explaining the hell I had been through the last years, I look up at an upset and furious Lotor.

I then say to him, "Which is why I am confused. Why do you love me?"

Lotor is picture above. Creds to whoever did it its gorgeous. I was too lazy to write a description of his appearance.