Special #2

"Can someone explain to me why we let Garmadon off the hook? Especially with one of the most powerful organizations in Ninjago?" Kai asked, swinging his foot on the couch.

Lloyd shot an infuriated look over at Zane, who avoided his glare by focusing on changing the TV channel. Wu cringed at the interaction.

"As long as my brother causes no more harm, I see no reason to prevent him from doing so." Wu answered, pouring himself a cup of tea.

"But Sensei! Garmadon?" Cole said bluntly, situating himself in the chair. It had been two weeks since the fight between Yulta and the ninja, yet tensions still seemed high. Everyone had avoided Zane like the plague, but Zane could still here Lloyd's shouts of anger, while Jay seemed to cry in the other room. From time to time, Zane caught glances of grief from Wu's face, but it quickly disappeared when he saw Zane. The only people who had recovered the fastest were Nya and P.I.X.A.L. Nya was often comforting Jay, while P.I.X.A.L. dealt with Cole.

Eventually, each ninja had found a way to bounce back from the revelation. Though traces of grief still flashed before their eyes, they had accepted Zane's change.

Except for Lloyd.

"Well, at least some of us haven't caused any trouble." Lloyd replied, sending another harsh look at Zane. Zane finished situating himself and met Lloyd's gaze. He sighed.

"I deserve it." Zane stated simply. Lloyd seemed surprised at the defeat in his tone, and shook his head.

"Wait, Zane." Lloyd called out. Zane smiled.

"It's fine, really." Zane said. P.I.X.A.L. looked up from her engineering project, while Nya watched the two.

"Dareth?" Jay said. The ninja turned to see Dareth strolling into their room. Dareth hovered above them, and scoped out the area. Cole was ready to dive into a yogurt pouch, while Kai sat on the couch. Nya seemed busy on a crossword puzzle, and Lloyd held his phone.

"How did you get here?" Nya asked. Dareth smirked, and pulled out a comb. He then started brushing his hair back.

"The brown ninja never tells his secrets." Dareth answered. "Also, you guys left the front door open."

"Why are you here?" Lloyd asked. Dareth waved a couple of tickets in their faces, and the ninja brushed them off.

"Someone handed me a bunch of tickets to the aquarium and they expire today. I was going to ask some of my other friends to join, but they've got plans." Dareth answered.

"So, you're asking for us to go?" Nya said. Dareth chuckled, and nodded slightly.

Jay let out a heavy sigh, and the whole mood dropped. Dareth looked around, noticing the tension in the air, and Wu cleared his throat.

"Perhaps a change in scenery would be good for us. We would love to Dareth." Wu said. Dareth leaped up in delight, and the ninja stared at their Sensei.

"Yes! Why the long faces, guys?" Dareth asked, looking at the ninja.

"Oh nothing." They replied altogether.

"We should at least change, however." P.I.X.A.L. mentioned. "We have been in a sort of, downward streak these past weeks." The whole room took a while to process her statement, and quickly vacated the room. Zane ran over to his room, and changed into a hoodie. He opened the door, and met Jay outside.

"Dareth, huh?" Jay said.

"The timing could not have been most peculiar." Zane chuckled. A hollow silence took over the hall, and the two walked towards their vehicles.