Special #5

"Zane, are you here? Come in, come in!"

"I'm here Jay. I'm here." Zane said, using a napkin to pick up his phone. The napkin soaked in the blood on his finger tips.

"How's it going with Wu and P.I.X.A.L.?" Zane inquired.

"We got the rest of them. Kai said Darreth's doing fine, and Ronin is safe with Cole."

"Great." Zane said.

"How are things on your end?" Jay asked. Zane glanced down at the man. Zane had sheared his axe in half, the metal ripped to shreds. Large gashes had appeared over the man, and blood had came from every surface. Half of his face laid steep in blood, and Zane's entire jacket had changed into a crimson red.

"Just swell." Zane said. Jay paused on the phone, and Zane heard interference on it. Zane sighed.

"Did you find out why our attacker claimed he had connections with Azne?" Nya said, taking the phone from Jay.

Zane blocked the speakers on his phone, then dug his foot into the man's arm. The man let out a yelp of pain, and Zane glanced down, angry at his attempt. Zane then took the phone and opened up the speakers. "Apparently our attacker had the audacity to use an imposter. He tried to summon someone which looked like them." Zane looked over at the imposter, who struggled to breath. Blood had erupted from his nose, and Zane could see dislocated ribs.

"It would be annoying if people kept holding your name as a threat. It could be seen as a threat of teror." Nya replied.

"Agreed." Zane complained.

"It wouldn't have changed much though. You still would been seen as a major threat." Lloyd said, the phone now going to him.

"Fair point. But the amount of exposure Yulta is earning is also hindering us." Zane replied. The phone went quiet for a solid minute.

"You're still with Yulta, huh?" Jay asked quietly.

"We can't tarnish our reputation because of me. Just because you all have accepted me for how I am, the rest of the world would probably turn our backs on us." Zane said.

"But you're okay now, right?" Jay asked. Zane silenced his own phone, and mulled over  Jay's words.

"I'm okay" .Zane reassured him. "I just hope you all are doing fine." Zane said, mustering a smile. The line went silent over Zane's words, and Zane could hear someone else handling the phone. 

"Okay." Lloyd replied.

"Anyways, have you all met up with P.I.X.A.L.?" Zane asked.

"We did, but we got separated from her. I gave her a call earlier on, and I believe she's coming to meet up with you."

Zane almost fell back on his steps. "Here? Now?"

"Yes, why?" Jay asked. Zane hung up the phone, and looked around himself frantically. Only the top parts of his body remained clear from the blood splatter, and even his phone had droplets. Zane glanced down at the two men, and while they remained alive, the scene still remained a sight for sore eyes.

What's the best way to remove blood stains and hide a body in less than five minutes? Zane asked himself. Zane tried brushing the blood off, but it ruined the shirt even more.

"Zane?" A female friend's voice rang throughout the hall, and Zane froze liquid solid in recognition.

"Oh, hi P.I.X.A.L.?" Zane said, waving a friendly hello. Zane kicked the unconscious man behind his back, and P.I.X.A.L. frowned.

"What are you doing here? Did the others join you?" P.I.X.A.L. ran up towards Zane, and Zane backed down in fear from her.

P.I.X.A.L. glared at Zane. "What are you hiding?" She asked, putting her hands on her hips.

"Jay, Nya, Lloyd and I fought of the men in here. We cleared off the main forces." Zane said in an attempt to divert her attention.

"I know, they've already told me. My question is, how are you covered in blood while the rest of us are fine?" P.I.X.A.L. asked. Zane glanced down at his clothes in shame.

"No reason." Zane said, averting his gaze.

"There's no way this is your blood." P.I.X.A.L. squinted her eyes. "Meaning." P.I.X.A.L. gasped, and shoved Zane to the side. P.I.X.A.L. gasped in horror at the scene.

"I'm sorry. I took it too far." Zane said, a wild grin creeping up his face.

Zane saw the pain in P.I.X.A.L.'s face, and he became thrown into turmoil.

"I'm joking. I wouldn't do something like that. They must have accidentally fallen down or something." Zane said, trying to smile. P.I.X.A.L. glared at him.

"What did we talk about?" P.I.X.A.L. said. Zane scowled.

"I'll stay honest. I took it a smidge too far and ended up adding a few more injuries." Zane said. P.I.X.A.L. nodded, satisfied with his answer.

"I know the others aren't ready to see you like this yet. But I am. So stop doing it. Please." Zane nodded.

"Alright. Does Wu want us to take them to prison?"

"Seeing this guy's current state, I think he needs a hospital instead." P.I.X.A.L. commented, referring to the man with the axe.

"Hospital? Oh please." Zane sent the man into a large glacier, and P.I.X.A.L. watched his wounds recover. The gashes in his body soon closed up, and Zane released the man.

"How else did Kai come back alive?" Zane asked.

"He's okay!" P.I.X.A.L. said, sighing in relief.

"Obviously? Having people die left and right isn't my sort of thing. I prefer to watch them repeatedly suffer, over and over." Zane said. Zane steadied himself afterwards, feeling the toil which had taken effect after he used his abilities.

"Regardless, that clears up a lot of problems." P.I.X.A.L. mentioned. "You'll have to sneak out to avoid being seen like that."

"Though how would I get home? I would prefer to not ride a dragon in the dead of night." Zane replied.

"Maybe you should come pay us a visit. We could give you a lift afterwards." P.I.X.A.L. and Zane looked over to the voice of the newcomer, and gasped in surpise.

"Kenya?"