Special #23

(A/N: Next Chapter is a Jay chapter)

The alarms quickly shut off, the ringing and security system dying. The bank teller placed her keys into the door, causing it to swing wide open. Kai impatiently barged through the door, slipping through like an eel. A huge hole in the ground said hello to him, and Kai scowled.

"Guess we're going deeper." Kai said, dropping into the hole. Zane noted the cash which remained in the vault.

"This is odd. Why would you pull a bank heist to leave all the cash inside?" Zane pronounced outloud. Nya walked over to check the cash amounts, pulling out a wad full of money from a bag. The bank teller exchanged a quick look of bewildernment.

"Granted, they did say they were trying to capture you all." P.I.X.A.L. replied over the intercom. "That would explain as to why they didn't take the money."

"As long as we can beat them and save the hostages, I'd call it a good day." Nya replied, hopping into the hole. Nya offered the bank teller a hand, but the bank teller slid inside by her own feet, the rocks broken by the assault providing a little hill to walk on top of. Nya took a small light stick from her pocket, and it radiated against the darkly lit subway station. Kai snapped his fingers, and a flame burst in the air, floating alongside Kai as he moved forwards.

Zane marched next to Nya, and the bank teller walked to Nya's left. Kai paraded in the front, speeding at his own pace in the darkness.

"I've mapped the subway tunnels to assure that you all won't get lost. According to the amount of people hypothetically travelling together, the discontinued tunnels, and the position of the hole, they should be near the old railway junction underground."

"Ninjago built a railway junction underground?" Nya inquired.

"Affirmative. To save on space above the ground, they placed it below."

"When was this built?" Zane asked, lowering his voice out of Kai's range.

"Before Garmadon was banished, why?" P.I.X.A.L. asked. Zane didn't give her a response, hoping she would pick up on what he was saying.

"No reason." Zane lied. Nya passed the light stick to the bank teller, waving her off.

"Follow Kai. He should probably know the way with P.I.X.A.L. guiding him." Nya said. The bank teller seemed a bit afraid of the dark, but ran to catch up with the Kai. Nya slowed down and met Zane's pace.

"Hey P.I.X., can you, I don't know, disconnect the call from us for a moment?" Nya asked. Zane begged to protest, but P.I.X.A.L. wasted no time in cutting the line with the two, leaving them cut off from the outside world.

"What was that for?" Zane strived to keep pace with the two people ahead, but Nya pulled him backwards, forcing him to walk alongside her. Nya said nothing, slowly marching in the darkness. Zane waited patiently for an answer, but Nya remained still, and Zane watched as they soon distanced themselves from the bank teller and Kai. Eventually, the two were left alone in the dark, the light coming from the poorly lit subway bulbs.

"Zane." Nya demanded, ignoring Zane's question. Nya began to outpace Zane, hiding her face from her friends. Nya revealed her spear, the spear clicking and clacking against the stone walls.

"Yes Nya?" Nya's tone wavered from her question, and she bit her lip.

"Tell me." Nya stopped walking, letting her spear rummage into the lines of the stone. Nya slowly brought her spear down, and Zane watched her twiddle with it. Nya swung herself in a circle, revealing her face to her friend, then attempted a half-baked jab to attack Zane. Startled, Zane used her moment to let her topple over, but  Nya rotated her weight, extending the tip of the spear on the ground to stop herself from falling.