Special #21

Zane approached the kitchen door, the halllway empty due to the early morning. Zane heard the snoft snores coming from each room, as well as Jay talking in his sleep. Suppressing a laugh, Zane walked up to the door of the kitchen, but looked down. The lights to the kitchen were already lit, and a hazy yellow grew into the hall. Puzzled, Zane pushed the doors open, revealing Master Wu sitting on the counter. Lloyd hovered above the stove, watching the food sizzle.

"This is unexpected." Zane allowed the door to swing shut, then slid into the chair besides Wu.  

"I know. I woke up at 5, and decided to give cooking a shot." Lloyd said, flipping a pancake into the air. The pancake flopped back into the pan, and Lloyd seemed ecstatic about his accomplishment.

"My cooking skills might be a bit questionable." Lloyd indicated to the batter in the plastic purple bowl, and Zane saw pieces of egg shells in them.

Zane analyzed the ingredients in the batter and said nothing in response, mentally noting to skip breakfast today.

"Lloyd's cooking? I guess I'll say goodbye to the stove." Jay trapezed into the room, his clothes wrinkled from waking up in a rush. Lloyd held up a spatula to answer Jay's challenge, but smoke starting forming from the stove. Jay laughed as Lloyd struggled to maintain peace within the kitchen.

"That makes two of us." Wu winked, looking over at the pot of tea on the stove. The pot laid behind a wasteland of spoiled food, Lloyd hastily trying to keep cooking. Wu sighed, reminding himself to buy a new pot.

"Zane." Lloyd said, sighing with mortification. "Can you freeze the stove?" The kitchen stove had became a full on blaze, and Lloyd kept fanning the stove with a kitchen cloth. This in turn caused the fire to worsen, but Zane walked up besides him and froze it, the flames quickly sparking out of life.

"Who let Lloyd cook? He's essentially a fire hazard to stoves." Nya said, waving the smoke from her nose. Lloyd bowed in embarrassment, having been told the same thing already.

"I had sent my nephew a few tips on cooking, but I don't believe he took them to heart." Wu looked behind the stove, searching for the pot he had put on. The pot laid behind a wasteland of food, causing Wu to regret his decision. Nya, Lloyd and Zane quickly sent one another happy looks.

"I'm sorry for the odd looks. It feels nice to see you back to normal." Nya said.

"It truly does." Misako said, entering the door. Misako ler her eyes drift across the room, and she let them rest on Wu, who rested on the kitchen chair. Wu turned his gaze up at Misako, and the two sent warm looks at one another. Misako then broke eye contact with her brother-in-law, letting her eyes drift on Zane.

"I hear the ice ninja has been placed on a path similar to my husband?" Misako asked, taking a chair besides Wu. "Wu has been rather, receptive about it." Wu chuckled.

"You're not astonished?" Zane pondered. Misako shook her head no, smiling at ease.

"I've seen him go into bouts like this before. So what has afflicted Zane?" Misako asked to the room.

"The scroll of forbidden spinjitzu." Jay blurted out. Misako said nothing, trying to ease Wu's tension.

"I made a terrible mistake." Wu stated.

"We all make mistakes. The bigger question is, did you resolve it and move on?" Misako replied, putting her hands on Wu's own.

"I think I have. Thanks to the two of them." Wu indicated to Zane and Lloyd.

"In the mean time, the only people who are stuck in their funk are Cole and Kai." Nya said, erasing the atmosphere.

"Kai's a walking time bomb, and Cole's gone to where I don't know if we can rescue him. It's all my fault." Lloyd said.

"Do I need to repeat the same advice I said on Wu to my son?" Misako chided. Lloyd shook his head, getting the message.

Kai barged into the room, Cole in tow behind him. The two silently broke the conversation amidst the ninja, and Kai grabbed the chair next to Misako and plummeted into the cushion. Cole stood beside Nya, exhibiting bags under his eyes.

"Hi Misako. How have you been?" Cole asked, noticing the new character in the room. Misako gave him a friendly hello, but faltered for a moment. Misako then turned to Kai, who had been observing Zane ever since he had arrived.

"Now I see. Not every problem has been resolved." Misako viewed Kai from the other side of the table, his anger simmering.

"Hi Nya." Kai stated, giving his sister a morning hello. Nya watched him awkwardly.

"Hi Kai." Nya said plainly, turning her head to Jay in support. Jay's confidence in her held her firm, and she glanced back at her brother. Kai saw their interaction and scowled.

"I don't understand how you two can get along with him." Kai eyed Zane like a hawk, Zane trying his best to appeal to him. Zane's efforts became futile, as Kai's frown deepened.

"You guys can might have to save it for later. There's a bank robbery in progress." P.I.X.A.L. announced over the speakers.

"Is it Yulta?" Kai replied to Zane. Zane felt the mistrust exuding from Kai, and the speakers let out a sigh.

"No idea." P.I.X.A.L. answered in an attempt to ease him. "Though they've been able to hold off the police force." Kai nodded, understanding the situation.

"I'll go with Cole--"

"Actually, I'm taking Cole with me somewhere." Jay said, patting Cole on the shoulder. Cole raised his eyebrow, cocking his head without prior knowledge to Jay's plan.

"Okay. Then I'll go alone." Kai prided himself, scooting from the table and walking over to the door.

"I'm coming along with you. If they're able to beat the police force, they can't be that easy." Nya replied. Kai shoved her away, not ready to accept help from anyone in the room.

"Kai will go with Zane and Nya." Wu proclaimed, standing up from his chair. Misako looked ready to argue over his decision, and even Lloyd and Jay seemed surprised, but said nothing.

"Understood Sensei." Nya replied, taking Kai by the hand. Nya vacated the room with Kai, and Zane ran right behind them. Before he left, Zane looked back to the room.

"Good luck." Lloyd chimed, searching for the manual to repairing an oven. Zane glanced at Jay, who gave him a thumbs up.

"Thanks." Zane replied, running over to meet the brother and sister. Nya clicked the button to the cave, and the two doors parted entrance. Kai took a sword on the wall and tossed a spear to his sister. Kai then situated himself in the drivers seat and gave his sister a hand. Realizing the vehicle could only fit two people, Zane took the bike parked next to them.

"Good luck out there." P.I.X.A.L. exclaimed, tossing him two shurikens. Zane caught them and smiled.

"And I don't mean for the bank robbery." P.I.X.A.L. clarified.

"I know." Nya and Kai drove off first, Zane heading behind them into the midst of a conflict ahead.