Chapter One

"We can't do this anymore".

  That was the text that signified the end of Lara's relationship with her boyfriend, Kayode. It was just two weeks into quarantine and though she felt the relationship slipping, she didn't expect it to end so soon. Kayode didn't provide a tangible reason has to why he ended the relationship, only that he was tired of it, a relationship of fifteen months.

   Contrary to what you might be thinking, the fifteen months were the absolute best months of her life and they were totally couple goals. Being in the same department in university, geology, they were everyone's favorite, always did everything together. Towards the end of the semester though, Lara had began to feel distance come in between them. She had tried really hard to close the rift not wanting to lose her boyfriend, she tried organizing romantic dates but it just didn't work out.

   After receiving the text from him, she begged and grovelled, asking him to take her back and promising to change and be whatever he wants but he was adamant. Told her she was a great person and he appreciated her a lot but that was it, he wasn't having her back.

  Devastated as she was during the quarantine period without a boyfriend and her girl friends to physically comfort her, she sought to find solace on social media. On a normal, Lara wasn't much of a social media person. She had whatsapp for her important class messages and an old Instagram account she never really used. On the advice of her best friend, Debola, she downloaded the Twitter app and created an account.

  Debola had told her to post her pictures to gain followers but she declined, wanting to use Twitter anonymously. She was pretty and was sure boys would rush to her dms once she posts her picture. She just got out of a relationship, she wasn't ready to jump into another one yet. So she created an account with the username 'Sensei🧞‍♀️' and followed the usual Nigerian twelebs.

  With so much time on her hand and nothing to do, she spent most of her time on Twitter, tweeting and retweeting every heartbreak tweet she can find.

  The only time she ever leaves Twitter was either she's trying to mingle with her fourteen years old younger twin siblings, Tito and Loba, or she was making meals for the family.

   Lara, nineteen years old herself, came from a family of five, her parents and twin siblings. She was in her second year in De Lacosta university, Lagos State, studying geology while her siblings were in their senior secondary year two. They all lived together in Magodo, Lagos. Her father was a  chartered accountant and her mother, a teacher. Lara Johnson is what we call a typical Nigerian teenager and her life was about to take a U turn.

*                      *                    *                 *
  A/N
Hi guys, welcome to my story. This is my first attempt at writing so please be nice. Constructive criticism is allowed but please no hate comments, if you don't like it, don't read it 🙂. Also, this is my hard work so please, do not copy or borrow any part of it. Thank you and that'll be all.
  Don't forget to vote and comment, I'd be reading each and every one of them. I already love you all ❤️.
  Hope you have a great read.

What do you think of Kayode?
Don't forget to vote & comment guys 💕