Chapter Eighteen

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

Lara couldn't bring herself to reply. Rayray, in all her glory, was staring at her with her eyebrows scrunched together.

"Right, if you'd just excuse me." Nima, or rather Rayray, left probably going to ask her mum who Lara was.

Lara stood in disbelief. Was fate trying to mock her? If she was told that she would ever meet one of her favorite tweep just two days ago, she'd have argued. Yet here she was, not only did she met her, she'd also be sleeping in the same room with her.

Pictures didn't do Rayray justice as she was way prettier in person. With flawless dark skin and huge barbie eyes and, she looked like she belonged on the front page of a beauty magazine.

"Lara right?" Lara did a little jump, she hadn't heard her come back. Rayray's countenance had eased a little bit, and was that pity Lara detected in her look? Better not dwell on that.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about earlier, I was just in shock."

"It's fine, come in." The room was like a regular teenager's room with pictures on the wall and a large Billie Eilish poster. A certain picture caught Lara's eyes, it was one of Rayray and Ronnie, smiling goofily at the camera. It looked pretty recent too.

'They must be really close.' Lara thought feeling a pang in her chest as she remembered her situation with her own best friend.

"I don't know why mum insists on you staying with me, there are more than enough rooms in this house." Rayray was saying as she plopped down on the bed.

"Uhmm, it's okay. I'd try not to get in your way." She replied, still standing awkwardly.

"I don't mind at all, just thought you'd want your own privacy after what happened..." She trailed off, looking unsure. "You can drop your bag over there and feel free." She pointed to a corner beside her own wardrobe.

"Okay, thanks." She was acting so awkward, she needed to get a grip. She mentally chided herself.

"You sounded like you knew me when you saw me. I don't remember ever meeting you."

Lara was wishing she wouldn't ask.
"Oh, I mistook you for someone else. You look pretty much alike."

"Okay then", Rayray replied, looking at her funny.

Lara groaned internally, why did she have to lie?

'It's for the better, I'd probably be gone in a week's time, no need to get all familiar.' She reasoned.

"I'm going to get dinner, want to come?"

"No, not yet. I'd join you soon."

Rayray shrugged and left Lara in the room. The day's event all came flooding back and Lara was reminded about her situation. Her phone rang and brought her out of her reverie.

"Hi mummy", she said once she picked up the call.

"Have you gotten there? How are you?" Her mum asked on the other end of the call.

"Yes mummy, I'm there already and I'm fine. Everything is okay. How are things at home?"

"Your father still isn't back home. And the twins have locked themselves up refusing to eat." She sighed, she sounded so tired in that moment.

"Maybe I should talk to them and reassure them that I'd soon be back."

"No, don't worry. They'd just end up crying again. Don't worry about us. Just make sure you take care of yourself and be good to the people you're staying with. Don't forget, they're the ones doing you a favor."

"Yes mummy, I know. I'm not a kid. My regards to the twins."

"Will let them know." And she hung up.
Lara contemplated not going for dinner but she was going to live here for some time, might as well get used to them. So she stood up and went to join the family downstairs for dinner.

*                    *                    *                    *
With all the happenings in the world rn, I hope y'all are protecting your peace and staying safe. Love & light ❤️💡

Please please please, don't forget to vote and drop your comments. Will like to hear your thoughts 💕.
Ps. I was having a bit of writer's block with this chapter so pardon me if it's not all that 🙇🏽‍♀️