Chapter Two

After a month of using Twitter, it was safe to say that Lara was addicted to app. She had acquired some followers along the line but she mostly enjoyed the banter and interesting dramas on the timeline. She also gained timeline friends but she was glad that none of them made it to her dms.

She chatted with Debola only on Twitter cause she had long gone uninstalled her WhatsApp. This was because she couldn't bear all the sympathetic messages from most of her friends and coursemates after they found out her relationship was over. Slowly but gradually, she started to get over Kayode and was beginning to forget about him.

"Lara! Lara!", her mum called out to her.

"This woman, what is it?", she murmured, grumbling and annoyed that her blissful timeline scrolling was interrupted. She didn't dare say this loud though cause she still wanted a roof over her head so she replied with a loud "Ma, I'm coming".

"Why are there still dirty dishes in my kitchen?"

"It's Loba's turn to do the dishes mummy". She replied, adding the tiniest bit of sass.

She had created a chore schedule for all of them in the house once she realized she was the only one working. That way, her lazy siblings get to work and more Twitter time for her.

"Ehehn? So I cannot ask you to come and wash plates again abi?" Her mom asked, her eyes already flashing.

"No mummy, that's not what I meant ó, it's just that I did it yesterday so Loba is doing it today." she explained gently, trying not to rile her mother further.

"Lara doesn't even want to do anything, only Twitter", that was from her sister, Tito, who was perched on the dining, ironically using her laptop to surf the internet. If looks could kill, Tito would surely be dead by the way Lara was glaring at her. So as to not prolong the matter, she quickly summoned her brother and ordered him to do the dishes.

"You and your phone, I don't know what you're always doing with it." Her mummy said, shaking her head and went to her room.

'Mothers' Lara thought rolling her eyes. She went back to her room, glad to be away from the world once again.

Opening her Twitter up, she found that #LGBTNigeria was trending and almost everyone on Twitter had something to say about it. Much to her surprise, most of them were hate and homophobic tweets. Lara didn't think she was anything other than straight and hadn't had much relations with homosexuality and homosexuals but she definitely wasn't homophobic. And seeing hate tweets on her timeline riled her up a lot. People deserve to be allowed to love whoever they want without anybody's business.

However, she stumbled across a small group of queer Nigerians of all sexualities and she began to follow their accounts. That was the beginning of her journey.

*                 *                   *                  *
Nigerian mothers😆. Are you Nigerian? If not, what's your nationality?
Don't forget to vote & comment guys💕