Chapter Fourteen

The numbers of infected people kept rising and it didn't look like Nigerians were going to be free of the virus in a while to come.

   This was a major source of concern for Lara as she desperately wanted to escape the confines of her house. She missed her freedom and her friends and though she would never admit it to anybody, she missed school work as that was the only thing that gave her life a purpose.

  She had pondered on how her reunion with Kayode was going to be. One word, awkward! She was glad though, that she could beat her chest and fully say she was over him.

   She badly wanted to see Debola too. They had a lot to catch up on. It may not be obvious seeing as Debola is not much of a chatty person but that was her ultimate confidant and there was nothing about Lara that she didn't know. Maybe it was time to fill her in on the most recent gaps of her life.

"Hey stranger."

"Hey love." Shockingly, Debola replied her almost immediately.

"That's a first, you replied on time. Who you on here talking to? Ola??"

"Lol yess"

"Wow, nice to know I matter 💀. You guys still talking? That's nice."

"I'm sorry love, yunno you're the main. I'm just tending to matters of the heart. And yess, we've been vibing like crazy. He's fun."

"No o, never mind. I'd just go find a new best friend. I'm happy for you 🤭"

"Oh my God, you're such a drama queen. How are you? How have you been? I did not say we're dating yet ma'am 🌚."

"I'm fine dear. I've been good, trying to sort some issues 😔. Yet??? So it's looking like you guys would date?"

"Your dad? Is he acting up again 😔? Lmao, I don't know yet but I know I like him already ☺️"

"Lmao, my dad is being my dad, yunno the usual. I'm so fed up. But it's not that. And he doesn't like you back? Who does he think he is?"

"😔😔I'm sorry you're going through this. Just know, I'm always here for you in case you need anything. So what's it then, if not your dad? Lmao, calm down woman, I didn't say he doesn't like me. We're still testing waters."

"It's fine, I guess, I don't have a choice. Lmao it's... I don't know if I should say this. Whew, he better cause I was about to come for his ass. He better not play with you"

"Best friends, remember? We don't keep things from each other. I hope he doesn't fuck up too lol."

"Okay lmao, I like someone..."

"Whattt? And you're just telling me??"

"Lol yeah."

"What's this useless suspense you're putting me through? Who's the guy?"

"That's the thing lol, it's not a guy.."

"I don't get, so who do you like? A girl??"

"Yes, I like a girl."

*                    *                    *                    *
So she came out to her best friend. What's debola's reaction going to be?😖

Don't forget to vote, comment and share guys💕.