Chapter Eight

Two days later, Lara came out of her room only to find her mum typing with great focus on her phone. Seeing an opportunity to tease her, she couldn't pass it up.

"Mummy mummy, this one that you're always on your phone all time now. You don't even remember you have children anymore"

"I'm seeing all my friends from university here so I'm just chatting them up." Her mum replied not even lifting her face from the phone.

"Facebook is now your new husband and you'd be telling me I spend too much time on my phone"

"I'm not like you, I'm using my Facebook to find my friends and reconnect. You just waste your time on that Twitter"

"If you say so", she said in a sing song voice.

"That reminds me, how am I going to upload my picture here so people can recognize me?" Lara rolled her eyes playfully and collected the phone from her mum.

"Let me help you with that. Ahah, you already have fifty friends, how come?"

"You know I know a lot of people now."

"Mummy mummy, continue enjoying", she returned the phone to her mum and went back to the confines of her room.

   Lara then summoned courage to send a question to Ronnie's CC once again. She quoted the last question she asked so that Ronnie would remember who she was.

"Hi, what's your actual name?"

"Ahhh, my fave anon is back. Are you here to crush my heart further? I'm Mayowa, you are😉?"

"Fat chance, I'm Anon. I'm sorry about the heart crushing 😔, how can I make it up to you? So why Ronnie?"

"It was worth a try. My middle name is Veronica hence Ronnie. Dm me🥺"

"Wow, you sure are persistent but just exercise a little bit more patience"

"Patience is not really my strong suite yunno"

"I guess you'd just have to learn it."

"Okay how about I strike you a deal?"

"Okayyyy? I'm scared in advance"

"Chill out. You ask me anything you want to know about me but you must drop a piece of information about yourself in return"

"No way I'm agreeing to this."

"Aww, come on. Give me something to work with here. And you get to choose what you say. So deal?"

"I'm going to regret this but sure, deal"

"Yes!"

*                     *                     *                     *
What did she just agree to?? 😱
I'm sorry for the short chapter 😔
But don't forget to vote & comment guys 💕