Chapter Nineteen

It's been three days since Lara got to Rayray's house. Rayray had given up trying to engage Lara in a conversation, Lara made it clear she wasn't up for chitchat. Not like she was being distant on purpose, but with all the happenings in her life, she really wasn't in the right state of mind.

Sure, on her second day of arrival, she had woken up early to help with the chores and cooking. But Rayray's mum had told her that she didn't have to do that cause someone else was already paid to do it. She also reassured her that she knew Lara was going through a lot and that if she was feeling overwhelmed, she could talk to her. Lara had gone back to bed feeling a little bit miserable. Here were people actively trying to help her and she couldn't even do anything for them in return.

Lara had also been off Twitter for the past few days too, spending her days reading random cliché novels on her phone and checking her whatsapp once daily.

The only thing that remained constant was her communication with her mum and siblings. Though no good news was forthcoming on her dad's rash decision, she was she got speak to her siblings every day.

Fortunately, they had gotten over her rushed departure and were getting back to their normal lives. And though they swore the house wasn't the same without her and wished she could come back as soon as possible, she couldn't shake the sinking feeling that her family was moving on fine without her.

On her fourth night, she was just browsing through her wattpad library when she got a  Twitter notification. Debola had sent her a dm.

"Hey."

"I'm still attracted to a girl. Sure you didn't mistakenly message me?"
She was being petty but she didn't care.

"Yikes... I guess I deserved that. Lara, I'm so sorry for the way I reacted when you came out to me. You being gay doesn't change who you are or the fact that you're one of the best persons I know. I don't have any excuses, I acted stupidly. I'm sorry about that."

"What brought about the change of heart?"

"I realized that your sexuality doesn't define you as a person. You're my best friend and you being gay wouldn't change that. I'm really sorry 😔"

"Okay then, it's fine. Apology accepted."

"Fr? Just like that?"

"Lmao yes. Though I expected you to be more supportive, I still see where you were coming from. I just wished you didn't go about it that way."

"Omg, I was such an idiot. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too 🥺. You still think I should try to fight my feelings?"

"What? No. You like a girl? Go for it. It's a guy you like? go crazy. Just know, I may not be experienced with what you're going through but I'm always here for you."

"Thank you so much, I really needed to hear that."

"What are friends for? So, how have you been? Did you get to message the girl of your dreams yet?"

"Lmao, I wish. Asides from being disowned and thrown out of the house by my father, nothing much really. Life's been pretty boring🙂"

"Don't play with me. Disowned? Thrown out of your house? Why? What happened? When??"

"You don't need to stress about it. I'm over it already."

"Guy, I can slap you. Be serious with me. What happened?"

"He was going to make us cough up some money we didn't even know anything about either it or the said disappearance. So I got mad and said some pretty crazy shit to him. And he threw me out. Just like that."

"Oh my God, I don't even know what to say. Where are you rn?"

"My mum immediately had to arrange for me to stay with one of her friend. So that's where I've been for the past three days. I'm not complaining, it's a nice place."

"I'm so sorry. Now, I feel extra shitty. I was being so stupid not even knowing what you were going through."

"It's not your fault, there was no way you'd have known. But at least I have a roof on my head for now."

"Still. How is your mum and your siblings? How are they coping?"

"They were pretty distraught but I'm glad they're getting better. My mum has been trying to make my dad see reason and call me back but... It's pointless, I just know he won't."

"😔💔. I'm so mad that I can't make this right for you but I'm here. My house is open to you 24/7, I got you. Anything I can do to help."

"Just you being here and listening to me is enough for me, thank you. I'd be okay. Enough about me, how are you? What of Ola?"

"Are you sure you're okay fr?"

"Geez mom, I'm fine, really. Now tell me about how y'all have been."

"Lmao, we've been fine..."

By the end of their conversation, Lara felt like a burden had been lifted off her shoulders. One of her problems had been solved, her best friend was back. She went to her timeline to catch up on what she had missed for the past days.

Her heart did a little flip flop when she saw the new pictures Ronnie posted. Yep, she still had a major crush. She went over to her profile to view Ronnie's tweets that she missed.

Her breath caught when she saw Ronnie's tweet from the day before.
"I miss anon 😔"

*                    *                    *                    *
Just a quick reminder that I love you all reading this book. Y'all are so amazing ❤️❤️.

Click on that little orange star below and drop your thoughts darlings. 💕