Chapter Twelve

"Jesus!"
Lara heard her mum exclaim and ran straight to the living room.

"What is it mummy? Are you okay?"

Her siblings came trooping behind.

"Look at Nike!" Her mum said holding her phone up.

Lara snatched the phone from her mum expecting to see something absolutely terrifying. Imagine her reaction when she only saw a picture of a beautiful woman who looks about the same age as her mother.

"Who is that? What happened to her?"

Tito who was stretching her neck to get a glimpse as to what was on the screen asked, taking the words right out of her sister's mouth.

"You would not know her. Only Lara might be able to remember her. I took you to her place when you were two years old." Her mother recovered her phone from her hand.

"Oh my God, mummy I was two, how would I remember her?" She smacked her face lightly.

"Who is she anyway? And why did you shout like that mummy?" This was from Loba.

'Bad choice of words brother, very bad.' Lara thought.

"It's your own mother that is shouting like that abi? Stupid boy."

"Sorry mummy, I'm sure he didn't mean it like that." Lara quickly interjected or else they were going to get a full blown lecture on respect.

Seems like her mum wasn't even in the mood seeing as she ignored it quickly.

"Lara, this is the Nike I use to tell you about now. Don't you remember, Lateefat"

"Oh oh, I remember. Your best friend in university? I didn't know her name is Nike."

"Yes, she's the one. Ahah, look at her now living the life."

Lara collected the phone from her mum to get a better look at the said woman.

"She's very pretty. How come you're not yet friends with her?"

"You know I told you we lost contact. So immediately I opened her account, I searched for her but I didn't find her profile. I was just scrolling through and one of our friends posted this picture and tagged her."

"You should follow her and message her so that you people will catch up."

"Of course now, I would. She has really changed, I doubt she'd even remember me at all."

"I thought you said you people were inseparable in Uni, she'd surely remember you."

"You're right. Now where's that one that said his mother was shouting? The dishes are waiting for you."

"But mummy, I did it yesterday now." He protested.

"And I want you to do it again today, any problem Mr man?"

"No, ma."

He grumbled as he walked towards the kitchen.

"You", Lara pointed at her sister who was already retreating to her room. "don't run away, let's go make dinner."

Tito gave her a scornful look but still marched to the kitchen anyway. Lara smiled to herself, pleased she was the first born and no one could order her around.

"And what are you still doing sitting down there? Go and join her in the kitchen my friend."

Okay, maybe she was a little bit wrong. Her mother could definitely do that.

* * * *
Finally, an update yayy🤭

Don't forget to vote, comment and share guys 💕.